Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Libbie Cunningham
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: 2nd Line Service Desk Technician
Job Salary: £26000 - £26000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
The Portfolio Group are delighted to be recruiting on behalf of the Peninsula Group a 2nd Line Service Desk Technician to join their busy and proactive department. Peninsula Business Services is the leading UK’s Employment Law and Health & Safety specialist consultancy across the UK & Ireland and the demand on the business to provide this integral service to its customers has never been more in demand.
This is a great opportunity to join the business and be part of the Service Desk team. You will be working in a team-based environment on the Service Desk, providing second line support to users in all our offices. Your main responsibilities include being the initial escalation point for the first line team providing first time fixes where possible, commissioning and building user equipment and triaging and escalating tickets when required.
A broad technical knowledge is required, alongside ITIL experience in Incident, Request, Change, Problem, Release, Event and Knowledge management.
Your key responsibilities and duties will include:
* Responsibility for being the first point of contact on the Service Desk.
* New Starters and Leavers administration
* Responsibility for supporting and maintaining the company’s IT systems and for providing efficient desktop support to all business users.
* Provide application support to our internal and external users.
* Responsible for resolving any IT related faults quickly and efficiently.
* Setting up and configuring new laptops, desktops and mobile devices.
* Installing authorised software to laptops, desktops and mobile devices.
* Reporting faults and maintaining logs on desktops and laptops.
The ideal candidate will need following technical experience:
* ITIL experience.
* Experience in 1st and 2nd line support.
* Experience with supporting customers over the phone and in person.
* Experience of ticket management.
* Windows Server 2008 / 2012 / 2016
* Windows 7 / 10.
* MS Exchange 2010 / 2013 mailbox management
* Microsoft Office applications including Exchange.
* Active Directory and group policies.
* Setting up new users and disabling expired accounts.
* Patching of network and phones.
* Undertaking small- to medium-sized IT moves and projects.
* Must have 2 years 2nd line support experience
Experience in Office365, Mac OS, Mimecast and Airwatch would be highly desirable.
We are looking for a forward thinking, results orientated individual with a strong customer service focus who is able to liaise with staff at levels through to the Senior Management Team and CEO with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure. If you are looking for a forward thinking business constantly looking to drive ideas and innovation forward this is a great opportunity!!