Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Financial Services/insurance
Contact Name: Anthony Macey
Job Location: London
Job Title: ACA Qualified Audit / Accounting Technical Writer
Job Salary: £45000 - £55000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
Part-time (up to 4 days/week), office or home based.
An excellent opportunity for a qualified ACA Accounting professional with a strong technical knowledge, excellent writing skills and an interest in media/publishing to join an award winning, professional services consultancy, part of one of the largest privately owned International Professional Services groups, within their expert Audit and Accounting (A&A) author team.
Our client provides technical on-line resource content to Accounting, Tax and HR professionals throughout the UK, providing leading high level content ranging from legislation, compliance and policy guidance. The A&A technical writer team are responsible for writing and reviewing content for the A&A segment; working with the Content, Product, Sales, Editorial teams and other relevant people to innovate the way that content is delivered to maximise the value to our clients. They also deliver technical and product training for eCPD modules and in person to key clients and are expected to be active members of external technical committees, for example at ICEAE.
Duties to include:
* Research and do authoring update work on the A&A products as appropriate for the candidate’s expertise and the roles of other team members. This could include:
* Commentary and analysis books / online guides;
* Tools including audit programmes, model accounts & disclosure checklists;
* Online and events training materials (recording audio, preparing slides and notes);
* Contributing articles for news updates, Accountancy daily and social media to raise external profile;
* IFRS disclosure review/benchmarking reporting;
* Company law and corporate governance; and
* Practice management manuals and tools.
* Work with a number of expert authors and panel members in practice so the role would also involve discussing technical updates with them and assisting the content manager with reviewing externally produced authoring work.
* Giving clear instructions to editorial/production support teams and reviewing output/proofs within tight publishing publications.
* Provide insight and leadership to other team members maintaining accounting/auditing standards and company legislation on Croner-i Tax and Accounting platform to ensure that:
* prospective amendments are turned into effective amendments at the appropriate time;
* links point to the correct/up to date versions of standards; and
* new content is added when needed.
* Assist the client experience and sales teams with product queries and training.
* Assist the Content Manager and team with transforming the content from legacy print formats to online, the online publishing process and indexing/thesaurus work.
It is essential that you are ACA Qualified, have a professional knowledge of and strong technical grounding in the areas of auditing and IFRS and UK GAAP accounting, and possess proven writing skills, including the ability to convey complex themes in an accessible way to a variety of audiences with varying levels of expertise.
Our client offers an excellent remuneration package consisting of highly competitive salary, benefits, challenging progressive opportunity, excellent career development and training.