Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Fahmida Ahmed
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Administrator
Job Salary: £21,400 - £21,500 Per Annum
This is a once-in-a-career opportunity for an exceptional professional to join a truly service-led business, the industry-leading Wellbeing provider & Sunday Times ‘Best Places to Work organisation.
We are pleased to be working with the UK and Ireland’s Largest Independent and Trusted Well-being Provider who have been making a positive difference in over 15 million lives for over 40 years. Our client offers the most comprehensive EAP on the market, giving 24/7 caring and compassionate support services to employers from organisations of all sizes, across the private, public, and non-profit sectors, to business partners, individual users, employees, and their family members.
You will provide clinical administrative support to the Occupational Health (OH) Team. You will have administrative and data entry experience. Your main function will be to support the team in achieving their objectives of ensuring all clients and clinicians are responded to within the required service level agreement (SLA) and to ensure operational efficiency of the Occupational Health administration function.
Day To Day Responsibilities
* To ensure that all Occupational Health processes are completed within SLA, at the highest quality expected by Health Assured
* Ensure all individual and team KPIs are adhered to on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
* To complete accurate, daily clinical data entry onto Health Assured’s secured CRM System
* To liaise with employers, employees and Occupational Health practitioners and assist with their administrative queries.
* To action any reasonable requests for medical records of employees where necessary
* To always adhere to all appropriate updated data protection legislation and to adhere to ISO-approved policies and procedures.
* To maintain confidentiality and discretion when dealing with any Occupational Health enquiries, or sensitive information obtained as part of the role.
* Answering telephone calls and dealing with general departmental enquiries when required
What you bring to the team?
* Excellent customer service skills
* Excellent team player; willing and able to help where required.
* Ability to adapt quickly to organisational changes.
* Experience in an administrative role with a high level of detail and accuracy
* Track record of meeting and exceeding KPIs and targets
* Ability to organise and prioritise workload accordingly to ensure work is completed within a timely manner.
* High level of computer literacy (Word, Excel)
* Experience in effective communication with management/senior management
* 25 days’ holiday, plus bank holidays
* Day off on your birthday
* Cash plan for you (and your children, if any)
* Holidays increase after 2- and 5-years of service.
* Contractual sick pay
* Private medical insurance after 5 years of service
* Pension Plan and Life Insurance
* Pension plan contributions increase after 5- and 7-years’ of service.
* Holiday season bonus after 3 years’ service
* Profit share scheme
* Season ticket loan scheme
* Cycle to work scheme.
* Access to Employee Assistance Programme
* Free breakfast every Monday and social sessions on the last Friday of the month with free food and drink – we call this Fab Friday!
* Company incentives, access to discount schemes