Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Libbie Cunningham
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Android Developer
Job Salary: £40000 - £45000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
To collaborate with the PO, business analyst, and QA to plan, build release and maintain software features that deliver business value.
Identification of valuable features and implementing in software for projects and initiatives that may amount to hundreds of thousands of pounds of investment.
* Software Development Lead.
Internal and External Relationships:
Product Owners, Business Analysts, Developers
Other Contextual Information / Special Features
Possess an ability to work in cross-functional product teams, in a truly agile way, delivering small increments of value to our customers very frequently. Requires experience of REST, JSON and how to build clean architecture with TDD and BDD. Knowledge of Retrofit, OkHttp, Gson, Dagger 2, RxJava, AutoValue, Espresso or Kotlin beneficial.
* Ensure that the initiative has a coherent Definition of Done that your features are met.
* Propose new technology, process or tooling to improve efficiency being aware of the future maintenance costs and consistency across other product teams.
* Able to communicate a complicated problem succinctly accurately and coherently to a team with different skill sets.
* Able to negotiate and compromise solutions and find the balance between best practice, expediency and longer term maintenance costs.
* Demonstrate, discuss and permeate current good practice in the skills specific to your professional family across other members of your professional family.
* You take responsibility for the entire lifecycle of delivery from idea to operation.
* Manage your own training requirements.
* Exhibit cross functional behavior and support other competencies within your team.
* You make realistic commitments that you are confident of meeting and strive to do so.
* Maintain and improve engineering practice.
* Maintain and improve software quality for features built (TDD, Pairing, Peer Review, Static Analysis).
* Support the product owner and Development Lead in the provision of estimates that are at an appropriate level of fidelity for the phase in the development lifecycle.
* Support the QA in identifying describing and resolving defects.
* Support the BA in the elaboration of requirements.
* Attend industry events and share the value with your colleagues.