Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Chad Vigano
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Assistant Accountant
Job Salary: £25000 - £28000 Per Annum
The Portfolio Group are recruiting an excellent opportunity for a well-known international client looking to bring on an assistant accountant. The role would suit someone who is partway through their studies and on the road to becoming a qualified accountant. Study support will be offered and your main tasks will be assisting the Finance Manager and Head of Finance in the preparation of the monthly management accounts, plus providing support for the finance team.
The Assistant Accountant will work closely with the Finance Manager to produce monthly management accounts for the UK side of the Group. They will be able to produce primary statements for review by the Head of Finance (HOF) and Finance Manager (FM) and they will be flexible to information requests from external departments.
* Actively involved in the budgeting process for submission to FM & HOF.
* Assist in the preparation of management accounts.
* Assisting with the review of ledger staff processing.
* Assist in the production of monthly regulatory returns, including VAT returns for review by FM & HOF.
* Prepare accrual, prepayment, and fixed asset working papers and reconciliations.
* Produce the intercompany matrix and the monthly intercompany reconciliations.
* Produce cost analysis and ensure this is reflected in the commentary.
What you Bring to the Team:
* Ability to organise & prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
* Be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of financial reporting procedures.
* Ability to organise, manipulate and present large volumes of data using Excel spreadsheets.
* Can work on own initiative and deliver high-quality analysis and insight.
* AAT level 4 qualified and or studying toward CIMA or ACCA.