Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Lara Salmons
Job Location: London
Job Title: Audit & Accounting Technical Writer
Job Salary: £50000 - £60000 Per Annum
My client is a market-leading provider of Information Services and Solutions for professionals is Accounting, Audit, Tax, H&S and Business.
This is an ideal role for someone with strong technical Accounting and/or Audit knowledge, excellent writing skills and a keen interest in media/publishing to join our expert Audit and Accounting (A&A) author team.
The A&A technical writer team are responsible for writing and reviewing content for the A&A segment within Croner-i. They work with the Commercial, Sales, IT and Editorial teams to innovate the way that content is delivered to maximise the value to our clients.
The team are looking for a technically strong, qualified ACA candidate to take responsibility for authoring and updating certain A&A products on the platform and assist with ongoing online content transformation. The post holder will maintain constant vigilance to ensure the business is aware of all new content developments such as changes in standards or legislation.
Day to day responsibilities
Research and do authoring update work on the A&A products as appropriate for the candidate’s expertise and the roles of other team members. This could include:
o commentary and analysis online guides;
o tools including audit programmes, model accounts & disclosure checklists;
o online and events training materials (recording audio, preparing slides and notes);
o contributing articles for news updates, Accountancy Daily and social media to raise external profile;
o UK GAAP and IFRS presentation, measurement and disclosure;
o company law and corporate governance; and
o practice management guides and tools.
My client works with a number of expert authors and panel members in practice so the role would also involve discussing technical updates with them and assisting the content manager with reviewing externally produced authoring work.
Giving clear instructions to editorial/production support teams and reviewing output/proofs within tight publishing deadlines.
What you bring to the team
· Qualified ACA
· Experience of working within an accounting practice environment, typically within the audit function
· Professional knowledge of and strong technical grounding in the areas of auditing and IFRS and UK GAAP accounting
· A working knowledge of more specialist areas and sectors such as money laundering, Solicitors Accounts Rules, housing associations, pensions, charities and academies would be useful
· Proven writing skills, including the ability to convey complex themes in an accessible way to a variety of audiences with varying levels of expertise
· Strong excel, word and IT skills
· Interest in media/publishing
· Confident in helping clients
· Superb teamwork and communication
Why join our team?
This is a fantastic multi award-winning place to work and a friendly, highly motivated and hard-working team. This role should appeal if you enjoy being exposed to a wide variety of technical developments and would like the satisfaction of seeing your work published to help serve our clients’ needs. The modern, central London office is fast-paced and busy so we look for colleagues who have a positive and results focused attitude.