Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Connor Casey
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Back End Developer
Job Salary: £48000 - £50000 Per Annum
To collaborate with the PO, business analyst, and QA to plan, build release and maintain software features that deliver business value.
Identification of valuable features and implementing in software for projects and initiatives that may amount to hundreds of thousands of pounds of investment
Internal and External Relationships
Software development leads for other teams, developers, business analsysts, product owners, user experience designers and graphic designers, solutions architect, database adminsitrator, infrastructure architect
Other Contextual Information / Special Features
Possess an ability to work in cross-functional product teams, in a truly agile way, delivering small increments of value to our customers very frequently. Requires experience of REST, JSON and how to build clean architecture with TDD and BDD for mobile platforms.
* Ensure that the initiative has a coherent Definition of Done and that your features are met
* Able to communicate a complicated problem succinctly accurately and coherently to a team with different skill sets.
* Exhibit cross functional behaviour and support other competencies within the company
* Able to negotiate and compromise solutions and find the balance between best practice, expediency and longer term maintenance costs
* Demonstrate, discuss and permeate current good practice in the skills specific to your professional family across other members of your professional family
* Propose new technology, process or tooling to improve efficiency being aware of the future maintenance costs and consistency across other product teams
* You make realistic commitments that you are confident of meeting and strive to do so.
* Maintain and improve engineering practice
* Maintain and improve software quality for features built (TDD, Pairing, Peer Review, Static Analysis)
* Support the product owner and Development Lead in the provision of estimates that are at an appropriate level of fidelity for the phase in the development lifecycle
* Support the QA in identifying describing and resolving defects
* Support the BA in the elaboration of requirements
* You take responsibility for the entire lifecycle of delivery from idea, marketing, sales and operation
* Manage your own training requirements
* Attend industry events and share the value with your colleagues