Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Lara Salmons
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Bid Coordinator
Job Salary: £32,000 - £35,000 Per Annum
Portfolio are proud to be exclusively representing our Client who are a trusted health and wellbeing network who have been making a positive difference in over 15 million lives, in their search to add a Department Coordinator to their team.
Our client offers the most comprehensive employee assistance programme on the market, giving 24/7 caring and compassionate support services to employers from organisations of all sizes, across the private, public and non-profit sector, to business partners, individual users, employees and their family members.
We are recruiting for a Bids Coordinator who will be responsible for supporting the bidding process for new business opportunities, retenders and renewals.
The ideal candidate will have a background in bidding to public and private sector clients, with an interest in developing skills in pre-bid strategic work and capture planning. The bid coordinator will work closely with sales, marketing, and technical teams to assist in developing winning strategies for new business pursuits. The role requires good project management skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
Day to Day Responsibilities
* Support the capture planning process for new business pursuits, including opportunity identification, customer research, and competitive analysis.
* Assist in maintaining a pipeline of potential business opportunities.
* Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop win strategies and ensure alignment with customer needs.
* Assist in the bid process from start to finish, including opportunity qualification, proposal development, and submission.
* Develop and maintain a library of standard proposal content and templates.
* Assist in analysing RFP/RFI requirements and creating detailed proposal response plans.
* Ensure proposals are compliant with customer requirements and company policies.
* Help manage proposal schedules and deadlines.
* Participate in customer presentations and negotiations as required.
* Assist in continually assessing and improving the bid process to ensure high-quality and timely delivery of proposals.
* Maintain knowledge of the company’s products and services, market trends, and competitor activities.
What you bring to the team?
* Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field
* Interest in capture planning and pre-bid strategic work, as well as retenders and renewals
* Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
* Excellent communication, writing, and presentation skills
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy
* Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and build strong relationships
* Self-starter with the ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines
* 25 days’ holiday, plus bank holidays
* Day off on your birthday
* Cash plan for you (and your children, if any)
* Holidays increase after 2- and 5-years’ service
* Private medical insurance after 5 years’ service
* Pension Plan and Life Insurance
* Pension plan contributions increase after 5- and 7-years’ service
* Season ticket loan scheme
* Cycle to work scheme
* Access to Employee Assistance Programme
* Free breakfast every Monday and social sessions on the last Friday of the month with free food and drink – we call this Fab Friday!
* Company incentives, access to discount schemes