Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Bethany Green
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Bid Manager
Job Salary: £35000 - £45000 Per Annum
Portfolio are proud to be exclusively representing our Client who are a trusted health and wellbeing network who have been making a positive difference in over 13 million lives, in their search to add a Bid Manager to their team. Our client offer the most comprehensive employee assistance programme on the market, giving 24/7 caring and compassionate support services to employers from organisations of all sizes, across the private, public and non-profit sector, to business partners, individual users, employees and their family members.
This is a fantastic opportunity to further develop in a professional healthcare environment with excellent progression opportunities. Due to our clients rapid business growth, an exciting opportunity for a Bid Manager has become available to support their professional and successful head office team based in Manchester. This is an excellent opportunity to become an integral member of the Bids team, within a company who are market leaders in their field. The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of the Bids team and will proactively manage the bid process for new business and existing clients, supporting sales growth plans and retention strategy. As well as ensuring the effective identification and evaluation of opportunities you will ensure ongoing development of internal team processes and content. You will work cross-team to ensure proposition development and identification of revenue generating bolt-on services.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
* To manage the bid process from inception to completion including leading on complex opportunities.
* To assist in the bid review process to identify relevant opportunities.
* Manage continuous improvement and development for the team, providing leadership and guidance.
* Ensuring the development of responses that meet and exceed client requirements including themes, sector challenges and bespoke requirements.
* Leading on the upkeep of a bid strategy for all sectors based on outcomes, market knowledge and strategic insights.
* Liaison with external and internal stakeholders including presenting to commercial and procurement teams or potential partners.
* Working closely with our Relationship Management team on compelling renewal stories to drive retention success.
* Building effective relationships with key departments in order to gain buy-in.
* Development and delivery of presentations drawing on themes from the tender.
* Development of clear reporting on a monthly and quarterly basis showing value, conversion and win themes and trends.
In order to be considered for this opportunity it is essential that you have the following:
* Measurable experience in a bidding environment or technical writing for example writing proposals/funding applications.
* Ability to manage internal and external stakeholders with a consultative approach.
* A team player who thrives under pressure and is able to work to deadlines.
* Strong communication, written and oral skills, with experience of proofreading.
* Ability to lead and support others whilst managing multiple projects and maintaining an excellent standard of work at all times.
* Must demonstrate a driven, motivated and can-do attitude.
* Must work with excellent attention to detail.
* Achievement of a degree level in relevant field (e.g English, History, Psychology, Business).
* Experience working as a team leader or within a management role.
* Experience in the health care, counselling or wellbeing market.
* Able to demonstrate a commitment to career development through recent professional roles.