Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Lara Salmons
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Bid Writer
Job Salary: £26000 - £32000 Per Annum
Our independent & award-winning client in the employee wellbeing/healthcare space is looking for a Bid Writer to produce high quality bids and proposals to support their business growth.
This role is an excellent opportunity to become an integral member of the Bids team, within a company who are market leaders in their field. You will be responsible for ensuring that the business produces consistently high quality, relevant bids, and proposals on time in line with their core values.
Your Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
* Managing & identifying new tender opportunities
* Drafting high quality tender and proposal responses for clients across the public, private and charity sectors for complex, high value opportunities.
* Conducting research to enhance bids including sector research, client research, competitor research and research into the wider wellbeing market.
* Preparing the presentation deck ahead of bid presentations, providing a full briefing to key stakeholders.
* Continuous development of the bid library including writing new case studies, proof statements and development from bid feedback.
* Converting existing client intelligence and market research into compelling themes for the wider team providing coaching where required.
To be successful, as a Bid Writer, you’ll require:
* Strong communication, written and oral skills, with experience of proof-reading.
* The ability to manage multiple projects, always maintaining an excellent standard of work.
* The ability to take full ownership of tasks, be dynamic and driven with the ability to work confidently both independently and as part of a team.
* Commerciality and an interest in developing strong business acumen.
* Excellent attention to detail
* Proficient use of computers, including MS Office and MS Teams.
It is advantageous, but not essential if you have the following:
* Achievement of a 2:1 at degree level in relevant field (e.g. English, Psychology, Business)
* Proficient in the use of Salesforce, adding leads and updating/ converting to opportunities, as required
The business is keen for a professional with the appetite to learn and develop, therefore if you can demonstrate a commitment to career development through recent professional roles, ideally through bid writing positions, this will be highly valued.
Why work for them?
In return, the business offers fully-funded training for the APMP Certification Program, including ‘Foundation’, ‘Practitioner’, and ‘Professional’ certification (includes training agreement).
* 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays (plus an additional 2 days after 2 years service)
* Birthday Off/Mental Health Day
* Profit Share Scheme
* Perkbox (staff discount scheme)
* Christmas bonus after 3 years of service
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* Fab Fridays- dress down & free treats
* Allied Pride Network
* Social events throughout the year
* Free breakfast on Mondays
* Fresh fruit delivered to the office each week
* Free annual flu vaccine
* Private health insurance after 5 years service
* Life Insurance
* Discounted eye test
* Discounted glasses/contact lenses prescription