Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Libbie Cunningham
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Business Analyst
Job Salary: £50000 - £55000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
To support the business in the elicitation of, and the understanding and valuing of ideas they have for features. To support the product team in the description of the feature, what makes it valuable, who gets the value and what makes it acceptable. To break larger problems into suitably small chunks that they can be addressed through a series of software change.
Identification of valuable features and implementing in software for projects and initiatives that may amount to hundreds of thousands of pounds of investment
Internal and External Relationships
Internal: Product Teams QA Dev Lead, Product Owner
External: Product Manager, director of product, business stakeholders
Other Contextual Information / Special Features
The teams are organised as product teams, with all the skills required to deliver within the team. The BA is expected to collaborate with the QI and Product owner to elaborate the requirements and provide a flow of features ready for dev.
* Able to communicate a complicated problem succinctly accurately and coherently to a team with different skill sets.
* Exhibit cross functional behaviour and support other competencies within the company
* Able to negotiate and compromise solutions and find the balance between best practice, expediency and longer-term maintenance costs
* Demonstrate, discuss and permeate current good practice in the skills specific to your professional family across other members of your professional family
* Ability to communicate with many roles in the business in a way that can easily be understood, to negotiate with the senior and inexperienced colleagues to determine what should be built.
* Elicit, elaborate and maintain vision, drivers and CSF’s
* Identify stakeholders, their role and engage them to determine their needs
* Breakdown features into independent features that have value, can be estimated, are appropriately sized and testable
* Build maintain and communicate a release strategy that maximises opportunities for incremental delivery
* Support the product owner in development of a release plan
* Elaborate requirements collaboratively with other members of the team and the stakeholders
* Express the requirement as a suitably sized feature that is independent where the value is clear the feature can be estimated and tested
* Maintain a backlog of change that is elaborated at an appropriate level for the part of the development cycle that the feature is at
* Maintain a catalogue of NFR’s
* Negotiate features to balance complexity, speed to market and other competing pressures with stakeholders and team members
* Support testing of features by being the requirement authority for a feature
* Have sufficient detail to plan the feature when appropriate.
* You take responsibility for the entire lifecycle of delivery from idea, marketing, sales and operation
* Manage your own training requirements
* Attend industry events and share the value with your colleagues