Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Nandini Bhatia
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Claims Handler
Job Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 Per Annum
Portfolio are proud to be exclusively representing our client who provide Legal Expenses and Commercial Liability insurance products to small businesses. Their products help businesses facing a wide range of legal disputes, including employment issues, health and safety matters and tax investigations.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to join a busy insurance claims team at a very exciting time for a fast-growing company. The role has clear scope for development as the business continues to evolve. You will provide market-leading customer service in every case whilst continuously developing knowledge, skills and behaviours. The role requires you to be part of and contribute to a high performing team through exemplary claims handling, control indemnity spend as well as high quality, maximum quantity output.
Experience of working in Employment Claims environment or Employment Law/ HR knowledge is essential to this role, as well as a high attention to detail and a confident decision making ability. You must be a great team player with a collaborative attitude and have the ability to communicate effectively and build and maintain relationships, both internally and external stakeholders.
* Insurance claim reviews – assessing Tribunal papers and all other available information to make accurate insurance claims decisions in line with the policy wording
* Liaising with clients and ensuring all insurance decisions are made in a timely and efficient manner
* Effectively manage own workload of varying priorities
* Monitoring claims progress and working with our intermediary’s Liability Consultants to get the best claims outcomes for clients and Irwell.
* Reviewing and responding to requests for an insurance contribution to settlement from the Intermediary’s Litigation Consultants, to assist them in their negotiations.
* Where a case has lost at Tribunal, reviewing tribunal papers against detailed HR advice logs and advising on policy coverage
* Understand how to assess all claims information and apply a reserve in line with the reserving methodology.
* Ensure the clients are treated fairly and receive excellent service in accordance with industry and company guidelines
* Ensure that all claim’s related intelligence is recorded accurately
* Proactively develop your learning and skills
* Seek opportunities to improve and share learnings with colleagues
* A good working knowledge of Employment Law (at least 12 months experience)
* Organised and able to prioritise effectively
* Good work ethic
* Ability to work as a team and independently
* Good people skills and ability to have difficult conversations with customers
* Proactive approach to claims handling
* Positive attitude