Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Libbie Cunningham
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Cloud Ops Engineer
Job Salary: £48000 - £50000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
Peninsula Business Services is the leading UK’s Employment Law and Health & Safety Specialists, providing an integral service to our 28,000 Client’s daily business operations.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the growing ICT Department and become a member of the Infrastructure team working in a dynamic and fast paced environment with new challenges every day. Based in our Manchester Head Office. It is an exciting time to join the business as we rationalise our current infrastructure and embark on our journey to Cloud based services. You will work collaboratively with the wider IT team (Development, InfoSec, BI and Service Desk) to support existing services and deliver new.
A broad technical knowledge is required, alongside ITIL experience in Incident, Request, Change, Problem, Release, Event and Knowledge management. You will be forward thinking, customer focussed and self-motivated with the drive to improve all IT services and the user experience.
* Must aspire to a culture of service excellence, always putting the customer, our people and our business at the centre of everything you do.
* Demonstrate strong organisational skills and be accountable for your daily workload
* Demonstrate a systematic, disciplined and analytical approach
* Be customer focussed and ardent in ensuring that colleagues receive a high quality of service
The key objectives of your role are:
* To ensure that the Infrastructure Manager and Head of IT Service Delivery are kept informed of progress and are told of major problems and / or issues in a timely manner
* Work closely with our developers to deploy new and existing applications (based primarily on Drupal, Laravel and Python) across multiple environments
* Spin up AWS EC2 instances through IAC with Terraform, perform configuration management using Ansible
* Use tools such as CloudWatch, New Relic and the AWS Console to actively monitor deployments
* Demonstrate an understanding of our broader AWS networking infrastructure: load-balancing, firewalling and network segmentation and be able to perform basic troubleshooting
* Perform ad-hoc Linux administration as necessary
* Maintain technical documentation
* Demonstrate awareness of security issues, intelligently prioritise these and collaborate with Dev Ops and InfoSec teams to ensure our systems remain safe and secure
* Work with the wider development team across all group companies
The Successful candidate must have:
* Experience with supporting high availability systems and scalable architectures
* Experience with Cloud services (Azure, AWS)
* Experience with Drupal, Laravel
* Jenkins experience
What you bring to the Team
* Driven and results orientated
* Positive outlook and a focus on high quality delivery
* Strong communicator
* Must have the ability to communicate complex concepts and ideas easily to the team
* Must be motivated to ensure work is complete and according to the requirements on schedule and to a high quality.
* Must be reliable
* Is able to work under pressure in all situations
* The ideal candidate will ensure that correct decisions are made and issues acted on in a timely manner.
* A dedication to getting the task done within any deadlines
What’s on offer?
* Basic salary up to £50k DOE
* The role is a permanent position with a 6-month probationary period. The working week is based on 37.5 hours.
* 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
* Profit Share Scheme
* Breakfast provided each Monday morning & monthly drinks
* Contributory company pension scheme
* Childcare voucher scheme
* Access to the Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Utilising cutting edge software along with the latest technologies backed by huge investment and infrastructure, where else would you want to develop your career as an IT professional?