Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Financial Services/insurance
Contact Name: Bethany Green
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Commercial Solicitor
Job Salary: £30,000 - £45,000 Per Annum
Portfolio are in search for Solicitors to take on a fantastic opportunity based in the heart of Manchester, joining a small law firm that is part of a Global group. The firm are in the process of growing and scaling up, making this a particularly exciting time to join the business as it means the successful candidate will have the opportunity to shape the firm into what it aspires to be.
There will be opportunity to take on diverse cases, meaning you can gain experience across multiple areas rather than specialising in one transaction. Creating an opportunity most firms can’t offer, to find your niche, whilst keeping variation and difference to your daily role.
The Solicitors will be responsible for their own case load and essentially run it as their own business. They will cover contentious and non-contentious legal matters to Clients.
We are looking for a bright, confident Solicitor, with strong commercial and/or health and safety prosecution experience, to work in a new, dynamic team covering a broad range of legal matters including the preparation and conduct of litigation.
The ideal candidate will have directly relevant experience and will relish assuming responsibility for a caseload in a fast-paced but supportive team environment. The focus is on remarkable client service and care, along with a firm commercial approach towards enhancing the firm’s reputation.
Day to Day Responsibilities
* Conduct of County Court Litigation
* Regulatory investigations, interviews under caution, inquests and prosecutions arising from accidents/incidents at work;
* Commercial legal advice, Dispute Resolution and potential Mergers and Acquisitions
* Non-contentious employment law issues and handling Employment Tribunal cases that arise from insured clients under their Legal Expenses Insurance Policy.
* Advice and assistance to companies and associated businesses within the Group
* Experience across a good range of practice areas within a leading Law Firm or In House.
* A real commitment to remarkable client service
* A positive approach to a busy workload, team ethic and business development
* A commercially focused approach with the ability to communicate with a range of clients and stakeholders.