Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Retail
Contact Name: Chad Vigano
Job Location: London
Job Title: Credit Control Manager
Job Salary: £50000 - £52000 Per Annum
Portfolio Credit Control are working on behalf of a well known multi-site Retail business based in North-West London looking to take on a Credit Control Manager into a newly-created post. The role will be heavily focused on process improvement and bridging the gap between Credit Control and the wider business. You will be tasked with both managing a good sized team and also business partnering with various senior heads within the business.
* Manage a team of around 8 credit controllers and reporting directly into the Finance Manager.
* Support the team managing a monthly ledger valuing £5+ million over 3000+ accounts.
* Provide a variety of reports including aged debtor statistics to the Finance Director on a weekly/monthly basis, including;
* Produce debtors aging report with commentary on overdue payments.
* Constantly review under debt collection, payment plans and legal proceeding.
* Monitor the status of new customer account opening.
* Develop and monitor critical metrics / KPIs of the credit control team.
* Ensure the credit risk is adequately managed and appropriate credit limits are set for customers including escalated queries.
* Maximise cash collection and improve working capital whilst reducing aged and doubtful debts.
* Look into current processes surrounding Credit control and improve efficiency accordingly.
* Work in a collaborative manner with wider finance and non-finance heads within the business.
* Support the Finance Manager & Finance Director with identifying process improvements in the Finance function as a whole.
* Implement Credit Control timetable including reminder letters and calls to customers for outstanding debts.
* Make sure the team complete responses to customers to their enquiries raised by phone or emails in a timely manner, ensuring that account related queries raised by customers are resolved satisfactorily.
* Ensure the process of opening new customer accounts meets business expectations, focusing on customer service satisfaction.
* Calculate bad debt provision and recommend write offs where appropriate.
* Maintaining relationships and small portfolio of the top customers, to ensure smooth running of the accounts.
* Represent the business in legal matters and court attendances.
* Must have managerial experience supervising a team.
* Must have strong Excel skills.
* Ideally have multi-site experience.
* Ideally have worked in a Retail/FMCG/Leisure/hospitality/consumer focussed business.