Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Professional Practice
Contact Name: Chad Vigano
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Credit Controller
Job Salary: £23000 - £25000 Per Annum
Portfolio Credit Control are working on behalf of a well known international professional services organisation based in Manchester looking to take on a Credit Controller into a newly-created post. The role has arisen due to company growth and they are going through an exciting time.
* Chase debt in line with the organisations Credit Policy to ensure that cash targets are achieved on a monthly basis liaising with various senior heads within the business.
* Collate all notes in an accurate and concise manor on the internal finance system making sure you are able to run daily reports updating outstanding debt
* Identify client disputes and ensure prompt resolution
* Work closely with both internal and external clients ensuring escalation procedures are adhered to at all times.
* Maintain a high standard of customer service at all times whilst making sure customers are aware of payment procedures
* Liaise and assist Senior individuals in all aspects of credit control to ensure KPI’s are achieved by way of telephone and face to face meetings when required
* Provide detailed ledger analysis against objectives and targets to the Credit Control Team Leader when required
* Support the organisations personal development initiatives and any departmental projects
* Provide timely and accurate reports to the business
* Assist Management with Ad Hoc tasks and/or team projects as and when requested
* Monitor the Group Inbox and work within agreed SLAs
* Must have excellent Excel skills.
* A substantial background in credit control working in a target focused environment
* Experience in a professional service environment would be preferable but not essential
* Strong communications skills both verbally and written with the ability to deal with challenging conversations.
* An understanding of the impact of aged debt on a business
* Has the ability to work towards deadlines and achieve objectives whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
* A versatile and flexible approach which is essential at key financial points of the year
* Ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment
* Ability to prioritise and manage own workload effectively to achieve objectives