Job Type: Contract
Job Industry: FMCG
Contact Name: Chad Vigano
Job Location: Kent
Job Title: Credit Controller
Job Salary: £27000 - £30000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
Portfolio Credit Control are pleased to present an excellent Maternity cover within a faced-paced FMCG business based in Dartford. They are looking to bring on an experienced Credit Controller to slot into an experience team. This is an initial maternity cover working on a hybrid office basis but could be extended.
This organisation is looking for someone with a proven track record of delivery within Credit Control and has the skills and work ethic to make a positive impact from day one. They are looking for a confident individual who can challenge processes and streamline collection methods. The credit control team maintain a keen eye for detail in their work and are always looking for ways to improve, the successful candidate will take on processes quickly and be comfortable within a fast-paced environment.
* Manage 70+ accounts with a ledger value exceeding £2 million.
* Be responsible for the allocation of cash receipts for your allocated ledger.
* Liaise with customers to discuss ongoing account improvements to maintain prompt payments
* Working closely with the Credit Control Supervisor and Manager on highlighting difficult accounts and discussing the relevant course of any action where applicable.
* Proactively maintain constant customers communication by both phone and email to chase any outstanding monies and to deal with any customer queries.
* Get involved with company billing and ensure customers have received invoices which have been accurately raised and distributed in a timely manner
* Run daily credit checks on existing and new customers.
* Have knowledge of the processes behind Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) invoicing and ensuring resolution of all errors and queries received.
* Be a key player in the refining of existing processes and procedures to help maximise the cash collection.
* Educate non-financial staff members’ in understanding the processes and the importance of Credit Control within the Group.
* Business partner with both internally and externally ensuring high standards of service are provided at all times.
* Handle disputed accounts and negotiate with clients to bring payment in line with terms.
Essential Skills and Competencies
* Must possess Advance Excel skills including Vlookups & Pivot Tables for reporting purposes Ability to work to deadlines
* Must have a minimum of 2 years’ credit control experience within an end-to-end function including full Sales Ledger duties
* Proven exposure to a diverse ledger of clients – preferable 100+