Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Financial Services/insurance
Contact Name: Chad Vigano
Job Location: London
Job Title: Credit Controller
Job Salary: £28000 - £32000 Per Annum
Portfolio Credit Control are working with an exciting Recruitment organisation following market trend and going through significant stages of growth. It is a highly competitive industry that offers both career progression and excellent pay packages!
As a credit Controller, you will develop close working relationships with all stakeholders enabling you to proficiently manage queries within SLA’s, whilst adhering to business processes deadlines.
* Manage an end to end ledger and take responsibility for collection of outstanding debt.
* Action queried debt, investigate and resolve within agreed SLAs with all key stakeholders.
* Carry out billing, collection and reporting activities according to specific deadlines.
* Investigate and solve client issues to reduce the overall DSO.
* Assist Accounts Receivables in relation to appropriate allocation of cash to support the accurate and efficient collection of debt.
* Identification of unallocated cash due to missing receipts or unidentified payments belonging to clients.
* Reconciliation of Cash & Identification of all receipts – provide assistance to line manager and treasury to ensure that all payments are allocated in accordance with month end close.
* Resolving any invoice rejections with regards to system interfaces from the Pay and Bill system to the Accounting CRM.
* Monitor and maintain up to date client records on both the booking and billing systems.
* Complete all due diligence on all new client applications and review of all sole traders/Ltd companies to minimise exposure to the business.
* Raise credits and invoices as required and within necessary SLA’s.
* Track and log credit activity on a weekly basis, including details of credit notes raised and the reasons behind credit notes being raised.
* Contribute to credit control projects and system development.
* Maintain a high overall Cash Collection of previous months billing target.
* Continue to keep 60-day debt – under 10% of outstanding ledger balance.
* Make sure unallocated cash is maintained or less than £120k
* Aim to keep the overall DSO below 30 days unless exceptional circumstances
* All Cash receipts to be reviewed on a daily basis, to ensure correctly identified and allocated to the account.
* Recent experience of working within a recruitment business as a Credit Controller would be preferred.
* Knowledge of Excel would be beneficial, especially knowledge of Vlookups & Pivot Tables for reporting purposes.
* Ideally a minimum of 1+ years credit control experience within an end-to-end function including responsibility for your own cash allocation.