Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Connor Casey
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: DevOps Engineer
Job Salary: £50000 - £55000 Per Annum
Portfolio are proud to be exclusively representing our award-wining, multinational HR & Employment Law services client in their search for a Dev Ops Engineer to add to their team. The leading UK’s Employment Law and Health & Safety Specialists, who provide a service to 28,000 Client’s daily business operations are on the hunt!
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our growing ICT Department based in Manchester. Reporting to the Group IT Infrastructure Manager and working closely with the Group Head of Software Delivery, you will be responsible for the deployment of software solutions and will work collaboratively with the wider IT team (Infrastructure, Development, InfoSec, BI, SQL, Network, Telecoms and Service Desk) to support existing services and deliver new solutions. You will bring a fresh perspective on the deployment strategy, looking to further automate the process to deliver seamless deployment to the development, QAT, UAT and Live environments.
You will be working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with new challenges every day. Due to the nature of this role, several years’ experience is necessary to help support the department. A broad technical knowledge is required, alongside ITIL experience in Incident, Request, Change, Problem, Release, Event and Knowledge management. You will be forward thinking, customer focussed and self-motivated with the drive to improve all IT services and the user experience.
The key objectives of your role are:
* Working closely with the development team to assist them with the operational requirements of deploying new and maintaining existing applications
* Communicating with our hosting providers
* Maintaining existing development and testing environments
* Maintaining and improving our continuous delivery infrastructure
* Automating manual processes
* Work with Development team to help move to a Container based Micro-services oriented approach to application structure.
* Providing solutions for developers to deliver features in a scalable and reliable manner
* Ensure that we design, engineer and deliver web application platforms to support the rapid and safe development and release of high quality code.
* Enable the delivery of web applications and APIs to ensure they are maintainable, scalable, resilient and on time, to business requirements.
* You will implement the automation of the end to end deployment process.
* Use automation extensively and proactively suggest opportunities for automation.
* Complete and maintain Technical Documentation relating to the Infrastructure and DevOps responsibilities
* Service support – the use of DevOps, Continuous Delivery and ITIL concepts as part of an effective support operation
* The design and implementation of continuous delivery practices
* Approaches and tooling for automated build, delivery and release of software
* Approaches and tooling for automated software assurance and QA
* Work with the Architecture team to define and manage a roadmap for the implementation of DevOps in an enterprise IT organisation
* The use of Public/Private cloud and Virtualisation Technologies
The Successful Dev Ops Engineer should have experience in most of the following:
* Knowledge and experience creating, managing and monitoring scalable cloud based environments (Azure / AWS / VMWare private cloud)
* Experience of using CI and CD tools
* Knowledge of deploying of .NET apps
* Knowledge of automated deployments
* Experience using Application Performance Monitoring tools, e.g. New Relic
* Experience of working in an Agile development environment
* Experience of the following would be beneficial:
* Snow Commander / vCommander
* Infrastructure as Code
* AWS / Azure / Cloud
* Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
* ITIL experience.
What you bring to the Team ?
* Driven and results orientated
* Positive outlook and a focus on high quality delivery
* Strong communicator
* Must have the ability to communicate complex concepts and ideas easily to the team
* Must be motivated to ensure work is complete and according to the requirements on schedule and to a high quality.
* Must be reliable
* Is able to work under pressure in all situations
* The ideal candidate will ensure that correct decisions are made and issues acted on in a timely manner.
* A dedication to getting the task done within any deadlines
What’s on offer?
* Generous basic salary up to £55k DOE
* The role is a permanent position. The working week is based on 37.5 hours.
* 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
* Profit Share Scheme
* Breakfast provided each Monday morning
* Contributory company pension scheme
* Childcare voucher scheme
* Access to the Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Utilising cutting edge software along with the latest technologies backed by huge investment and infrastructure, where else would you want to develop your career as an IT professional?