Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Bethany Green
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Employment Law Advocate
Job Salary: £40000 - £50000 Per Annum
Our client a true market leader in their field is looking for an experienced Senior Litigation Consultant specialising within employment law to join their office-based team in central Manchester. Experienced within Advocacy the successful candidate will assist new members when they receive employment tribunal claims by assuming conduct of cases from drafting documents, visiting clients, preparing cases for hearing and representing clients in hearings.
We are looking for candidates who are confident, articulate and legally qualified, who have direct employment law experience. The successful candidate will be part of the UK Legal Team and will work closely with the Litigation Executive teams and Senior Leadership Team. There is a strong focus on delivering high standards of care and service to our clients and we are looking for someone with good communication skills and high professional standards.
Responsibilities as a Employment Law Advocate:
* Review allocated claims brought mainly against New Business Clients in the Employment Tribunal, in conjunction with the appointed Litigation Executive preparing the case, to include approving the drafted pleadings, disclosure exercises and bundles of documents.
* To work within the case management system and undertake the case preparation tasks assigned. This may include case preparation, which can be from approval of the ET3 Response, or any such point as the case is allocated to you, until conclusion of the case at Tribunal.
* Make early and prompt contact with clients to notify the conduct of the case and to advise and take instructions from clients and witnesses at a client visit.
* To advise clients and witnesses of the Tribunal procedure and what they can expect during the hearing.
* Obtain all relevant and necessary documentation and to draft appropriate applications or responses on behalf of clients for their approval.
* Prepare any reports for the insurer in respect of any claims as may be required.
* Advising clients on the merits of any claims and the prospects of successfully defending claims.
* Conduct any conciliation or settlement negotiations on behalf of the client, in accordance with the client’s instructions.
* Visiting clients either at their premises/ offices or at the Groups Head Office and/ or Regional offices.
* Identify witnesses and assist in the preparation, drafting and finalising of witness statements or evidence in chief for hearing.
* Complete preparation of trial bundles or documents for the final hearing.
* Attending and conducting case managements discussions, preliminary hearings, full merits hearings and remedy hearings as and when required at hearing centres in England and Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland at short notice again as and when required.
* Demonstrate commercial knowledge of the Company’s range of services and products and to be able to discuss these with clients as appropriate, and to proactively assist in the retention of existing members and to promoting new business opportunities by obtaining introductions for potential new clients.
* Responsible for ensuring that the requisite knowledge of employment law and technical skills is of the standard required in order to be able to carry out the work and to highest standard.
* Advocacy experience, ideally within employment law
* Experience of representation in employment tribunal cases
* Strong organisational and administrative skills
* Hold a full valid driving licence, and can work with autonomy and independently
* Ability to work under pressure and as part of an extended team.