Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Bethany Green
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Employment Law Claims Consultant
Job Salary: £25000 - £28000 Per Annum
Employment Law Claims Consultant
Portfolio are proud to be exclusively representing our award-wining, multinational professional services client who provide 24-hour services to their wide portfolio of clients. Our Client, a leading provider within their industry, are looking for an Employment Law Claims Consultant to join their thriving, dynamic team in their office based in Manchester.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a good working knowledge of Employment Law or experience working with a HR function, looking to gain experience within an award-winning organisation and progress to the next stage of their career.
· Analysing claims made by clients and determining coverage under relevant legal protection products.
· Use HR and Employment Law knowledge to analyse the HR/ER/Employment Law advice given and report on the accuracy of the advice.
· Work with Litigation Consultants and Litigation Managers to drive proactive management of employment claims, including recommending settlements on behalf of the Company or on behalf of the Group’s Insurer.
· Reviewing tribunal papers against logs of advice given to respondents.
· Liaising with clients based in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland to explain coverage decisions, while making sure they receive fair treatment and excellent customer service.
· Monitoring the progress of claims and ensuring prompt settlement (of valid claims) and closure of claims.
· Ensure that all claims related intelligence is recorded accurately.
· Liaising with Peninsula’s office in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland on the process of claims.
· Experience of working with companies in Republic of Ireland and/ or Northern Ireland would be highly advantageous.
· A good working knowledge of employment law and/or experience working or studying HR or Employment Law (ESSENTIAL).
· A positive attitude and approach to a busy workload.
· High standard of written and verbal communication is essential.
· Ability to work well as part of a team and manage colleague relationships in Manchester and Ireland.