Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Bethany Green
Job Location: Leicestershire
Job Title: Employment Paralegal
Job Salary: £23,000 - £24,000 Per Annum
Portfolio are proud to be exclusively representing one of the UK’s longest leading professional service providers for HR, Tax, Health and Safety and Reward. We are looking for a legal professional with prior litigation experience to join a team of litigation consultant within a vibrant, award-wining, fast growing organisation, who have incredible growth plans and are part of a Global Group.
In the role, the successful candidate will work as part of a team undertaking office-based representation in ET cases, early conciliation matters and settlement agreement drafting work. As well as personally undertake such work including on high risk, high value cases and coach junior members of the team. The successful individual will follow processes in relation to ET risk management, attend ET preliminary hearings if/when required and maintain strong working relationships with staff and current/ prospective clients.
The Employment Paralegal will also be responsible for:
* Provides leadership and coaching to the Litigation desktop team (particularly in the areas of ET3 and settlement agreement drafting).
* Provides appropriate advice to clients on employment tribunal matters and maintains effective communications with clients.
* Enters proper pleadings, ensuring all relevant legal arguments are presented.
* Deals with interlocutory matters in accordance with tribunal rules, including disclosure and bundle preparation.
* Complies fully with insurance / Claims Department requirements.
* Complies with departmental tribunal operating and risk management procedures.
* Undertakes risk assessment of cases flagging high risk matters as required.
* Negotiates settlements on behalf of clients as appropriate.
* Effectively represents clients in early conciliation matters.
* Drafts settlement agreements for clients as and when required.
* Proactively deals with client concerns / complaints.
* Takes responsibility for development of own skills / knowledge through appropriate reading.
* Attends Company internal training days as required.
* Provides support to sales and marketing colleagues as and when required to do so.
* Remains alert to possibilities for securing additional consultancy revenue with a focus on lead generation.
* Manages time effectively to provide an effective and efficient service to clients.
* Carries out any other tasks deemed necessary by the management team.
* Relevant professional qualification or degree.
* Sound broad-based legal knowledge, to include good working knowledge of employment law.
* Experience of giving employment law advice – experience of conducting employment litigation is preferred but not essential.
* Communication skills – good oral, written and computer skills.
* Commercial awareness – alert to on-sell/up-sell opportunities with strong customer focus.
* An ability to work in a fast paced, adaptable environment.
* Strong time management skills and strong ability to multi skill.
* A dynamic and flexible approach, as well as the ability to work under pressure.