Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Connor Casey
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Employment Tax Consultant
Job Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
We’re looking for an Employment Tax professional to join our existing team. The ideal candidate will have a solid grounding in PAYE, NIC’s, IR35, benefits in kind, National Minimum Wage and Employer Compliance from working in practice, industry or HMRC. You will ideally hold a recognised professional qualification, or the equivalent gained by experience. You will work within a team environment with the opportunity to generate consultancy commission and cross referrals for the business.
To support our clients, who are firms of accountants ranging from Sole Practitioners to Top 100 practices, by providing HMRC enquiry and consultancy service on all aspects of Employment Taxes.
Day-to-Day Responsibilities as a Employment Tax Consultant:
* To manage a case load of insured and uninsured employer compliance cases as well as providing technical written consultancy reports.
* Working within a team of Direct tax and VAT Enquiry Consultants
* Carrying out in-depth research, producing assignments and undertaking reports for clients including IR35 contract review reports.
* Providing background technical and tactical assistance to our clients (accountants and tax agents).
* Drafting letters to HMRC on behalf of clients & drafting technical opinions where necessary.
* Full case management responsibility including liaising with HMRC to bring Employer compliance cases to a close.
* Attendance at Alternative Dispute Resolution meetings.
* Planning and case management in relation to Tribunal hearings (providing representation at tribunal is dependent upon experience).
* Maintaining a strong working knowledge in respect of all areas of Employment Tax, including keeping up to date with the appropriate legislation and developments in law.
* Reviewing reports and providing second opinions as and when required.
* Providing content to marketing to promote the services we provide.
Why Join our Team?
This is a superb place to work if you love solving problems, enjoy a challenge and have genuine enthusiasm for overcoming obstacles and learning, you’ll love it. Your people and technical skills will be tested every day. There are endless opportunities for you to develop and grow and you’ll really make a difference to a wide variety of clients.
* 25 Holidays + Bank Holidays
* Vibrant Offices in Central London (Looking over the Thames)
* Profit Share Scheme
* PerkBox Discounts
* Social Events Throughout Year
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* Private Health Insurance after 5 years
* £5k Car Allowance