Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Lucy Fulton
Job Location: Berkshire
Job Title: Field Service Engineer
Job Salary: £30,900 - £35,000 Per Annum
To deliver a comprehensive Service Support and Service Delivery engineering function which is cost effective and efficient to the Betfred UK Retail Estate. The successful candidate will be required to support, maintain, repair, and refurbish IT Equipment within our Retail High Street Licensed Betting Offices.
* Installation, maintenance and repair of network infrastructure, audio/visual installation, CCTV, Self Service Terminals, IT equipment and associated peripherals.
* Report to engineering management and liaise with Retail Service Desk and Retail Support daily.
* Full compliance with Health and Safety legislation.
* Arrive on duty when required ensuring all issued and required equipment is available liaising with workshop and logistics.
* Maintain, support, and deliver any betting technical hardware or equipment in a timely manner to minimise downtime.
* Ensure the required standards of technical support are maintained during business hours and during key events throughout the sporting calendar.
* Complete installation reports and sign off Retail Incidents.
* Install and decommission stock using Stock Audit systems
* Security and safe storage of equipment when not in use.
* Produce daily timesheet reports
* Proactively communicate with other departments both internally and externally when required.
* Be responsible for the daily checks of company vehicle maintaining cleanliness both inside and out.
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
* Always work safely escalating any issues to Senior Management.
* Undertake any reasonable task as designated by a senior line manager.
Person Specification Qualifications / Experience / Skills
* Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
* Appropriate level of computer literacy.
* Appropriate level of problem-solving skills.
* Appropriate level of technical skills.
* Appropriate level of network skills.
* Appropriate level of Audio/Visual Installation and RF distribution
* Full driving licence essential
* Able to follow and carry out instructions
* Able to remain calm under pressure.
* Proactive approach to work.
* Friendly, approachable attitude towards team and others
* Able to meet tight deadlines.
* Ongoing commitment to personal development.
* Able to self-motivate, work alone and as part of a team when required
* Prepared to drive medium to long distances
* Flexible approach to working hours as required by the business to work weekends, Bank Holidays, early morning, and evenings.
* Able to spend short-medium periods away from home when required