Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: IT Services
Contact Name: Chad Vigano
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Finance Manager
Job Salary: £40000 - £42000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
The Portfolio Group are searching for an exciting new role to join a fast-growth HR software business based in Central Manchester. This is a leading role within an impressive finance team ensuring the finance function is effectively and efficiently organised to deliver accurate and timely monthly management accounts.
To manage and support the Ledgers, Commercial and Management accounts teams, ensuring the finance function is adequately resourced and operates effectively. You will ensure that staff are properly trained, developed and that workflows are efficiently organised, monitored and managed on a daily basis.
Reporting to: Head of Finance
* To manage and support the Ledgers, Commercial and Management accounts teams.
* Carry out regular staff performance reviews.
* Monitor and manage daily workflows and coordinate the month-end routine in line with strict deadlines.
* High-level authorisation of supplier payment runs.
* Production and review of the monthly management accounts and preparation of monthly reports and variance analyses.
* Oversee the production and review of all month-end reconciliations.
* Attend monthly management accounts review meetings with the Head of Finance and Group Head of Finance.
* Assist with the preparation and review of budgets and forecasts on a quarterly and annual basis.
* Contribute to the setting of sales budgets and forecasts, driving revenue and commission calculations.
* Cash-flow forecasting and monitoring.
* Oversee the preparation/review of VAT and other statutory returns.
* Support the Head of Finance with the strategic development of the department and ad-hoc projects.
* Ensure that the audit of the year-end financial statements is coordinated and runs smoothly.
* Ensure the accurate and consistent calculation of sales figures across the business, monitoring and reporting actual results against targets.
* Provide up-to-date reporting of sales performance throughout the month, quarter and YTD.
* Ensure sales data architecture is robustly designed, maintained and scalable in order to regularly determine and set commission rate entitlement and monitor results against targets at both sales team and individual levels.
* Ensure data reconciliation procedures are rigorously maintained and developed between Salesforce and Contract databases.
* Ensure reconciliation procedures operate effectively, ensuring the accuracy of commission and bonus payments.
* Provide insight, analysis and reporting around the following areas:
* Cost of acquisition and product/sector mix.
* Pricing and discounting at individual levels and team.
* Commissions’ analysis at individual levels and team.
* Work closely with the Sales management team to ensure a strong two-way communication process is implemented and effective.
* Be an effective member of the Contract Authorisation and Commercial Review team.
* Have a recognised accountancy qualification ACCA/CIMA/ACA or nearing the end of studies.
* Possess strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail.
* Confident self-starter and commercial acumen.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks while meeting tight deadlines.
* Have strong Excel skills and the ability to use other analytics tools would be desirable.
* Previous experience with Salesforce is desirable.
* Previous experience of SQL reporting an advantage.
* Possess strong communication skills and the ability to develop positive working relationships within the finance function and sales teams.
* Your strong accountancy discipline and analytical skills will be put to the test in this commercially driven role.