Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Retail
Contact Name: Chad Vigano
Job Location: London
Job Title: French Speaking Credit Controller
Job Salary: £25000 - £27000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
I am partnered with a Global retailer looking to take on a French Speaking Credit Controller into their well-established Finance team. This role would suit a native French speaker with minimal Credit Control/finance exposure looking to establish themselves into a successful brand. You will be tasked with learning and gaining experience in all aspects of Credit Control, to assist the Credit & Transactional teams and Managers and maintain a good relationship with all international clients
My client are open to looking at candidates who don’t necessarily have relevant industry experience as long as they are native French and looking to develop their career within Credit Control.
* Take full ownership of Direct Debit payments relatable to client accounts.
* Cash allocation of all funds coming in and matching to relevant invoices.
* Monitor insured and none insured Credit limits to hold or release goods as appropriate.
* Liaise with insurers when debt reaches the contract period and follow up when and where required.
* Liaise with reps/agents on accounts overdue and customer service issues.
* Assist in issuing credits where needed.
* Carry out monthly statement and chase letter runs.
* Contact all customers by phone and/or any other method when their balance is overdue
* Investigate outstanding debts and where necessary place orders on hold and advise the customer accordingly.
* Take appropriate legal action or insurance claims to collect debt where necessary.
* Feedback on market issues, credit control and customer service issues
* Assist the wider team and cover a variety of ledgers in the absence of other team member.
* Must be a native French speaker
* Knowledge of Microsoft Excel would be beneficial
* Accuracy, attention to detail and ability to use initiative are essential.
* Comfortable in a fast-paced and detail-oriented role
* Ability to multi-task and prioritise
* Good at building relationships with people at all levels, internally and externally