Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Private Health
Contact Name: Lara Salmons
Job Location: England
Job Title: Full Time Digital Counsellor
Job Salary: £27,000 - £32,000 Per Annum
Full Time Digital Counsellor (Mon – Fri 12-8pm or 12-8pm Tues, Weds – Sat 9-5pm);
Portfolio are proud to be exclusively representing our Client who are a trusted health and wellbeing network who have been making a positive difference in over 15 million lives, in their search to add a Telephone Counsellor to their team. Our client offer the most comprehensive employee assistance programme on the market, giving 24/7 caring and compassionate support services to employers from organisations of all sizes, across the private, public and non-profit sector, to business partners, individual users, employees and their family members.
The role requires high levels of professional standards whilst working in a digital environment, adhering to the company’s core values and achieving daily goals. The counsellor will provide one off emotional support to individuals, conduct clinical assessments and sign post to specialised support services. The counsellor will support people to use the online health and wellbeing tools, including the company’s online wellbeing platform.
Providing emotional support and guidance via digital mediums to clients. Assisting with any general administration tasks and ensuring that you and fellow colleagues are providing appropriate emotional support, adhering to the BACP code of ethics.
Day to day responsibilities as a Digital Counsellor:
* To provide an efficient and effective digital counselling service to all service users.
* To effectively answer queries and triage to determine the most appropriate type of support required, i.e. advice, counselling etc.
* To demonstrate an ability to work with a variety of individuals and presenting issues, including those who are distressed.
* To take accurate information and record on the Health Assured data base.
* Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the Health Assured products available to a service user and understand what support is most appropriate for the individual’s needs. i.e., Debt, Legal, Critical Illness etc.
* Directing service users to the appropriate person and managing expectations at all times. i.e. Legal Department.
* Respond to all web enquiries and tailor responses to meet individual requirements.
* Provide “In the moment support” to service users via the live agent function.
* To maintain a caseload of online CBT clients
* Conduct full and robust clinical assessments in accordance to Health Assured’s policy.
* Effectively identify and manage risk in accordance with Health Assured’s “Risk Policy”.
* To undertake training provided by Health Assured and to utilise appropriate skills within interactions, i.e. working with trauma, working with suicide, clinical assessment, safe guarding etc.
Essential Skills and Competencies as a Digital Counsellor:
* Minimum diploma level 4 in Counselling & minimum of 150 counselling hours
* To be a member of the BACP
* Relevant telephone experience
* High level of computer literacy (MS Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) with outstanding written communication, motivational and engagement skills.
* High level of organisational ability; ability to work to tight deadlines and targets
Desirable skills and Competencies for a Digital Counsellor:
* Accredited with the BACP or eligible for the accreditation process
* EAP experience
* Good communication and customer service skills
* Experience of providing counselling through digital forms
* BACP (or equivalent) membership and accreditation paid for
* BACP CBD Hub
* Up to £60 per month for supervision
* Inhouse supervision
* Monthly incentives such as weekends away!
* 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays (plus an additional 2 days after 2 years service)
* Birthday Off/Mental Health Day
* Profit Share Scheme
* Perkbox (staff discount scheme)
* Christmas bonus after 3 years of service
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* Fab Fridays- dress down & free treats
* Allied Pride Network
* Social events throughout the year
* Free breakfast on Mondays
* Fresh fruit delivered to the office each week
* Free annual flu vaccine
* Private health insurance after 5 years service
* Life Insurance
* Discounted eye test
* Discounted glasses/contact lenses prescription