Job Type: Contract
Job Industry: Media/Advertising/Publishing
Contact Name: Annabel Arnold
Job Location: Berkshire
Job Title: Graduate Finance - Junior Credit Controller
Job Salary: £10 - £11 Per Hour
Job Start Date:
Portfolio Credit Control are working with a very well-known and instantly recognisable media brand looking to bring on a Junior Credit Controller on an initial interim basis. This is an entry level position and would suit someone early on in the career looking to get their foot in the door within a finance environment. This position would start off as more of a Junior Credit Controller dealing with queries but quickly develop into a fully-fledged member of the team. If you have recently completed a degree in a finance relatable subject or are from a customer services/sale environment, this could be the role for you!
Candidate Onboarding and Expectations:
* You will aim to become an integral member of the team, helping to achieve the optimum collections results on a monthly basis.
* Upon joining the business, you will be introduced to a training program to learn how to cover the required tasks with confidence.
* Attend sales meetings (via Teams) to discuss queries or issues that we currently have, as well as learning about any new products or sales drives that may be imminent.
* Establish a strong working relationship with key customers.
* Learn how to complete administration tasks, such as matching cash, issuing copy invoices, setting up new accounts, ensuring PO numbers are present where required and any prepayments have been collected.
* Set payment terms & credit limits (guided by credit reports) for new accounts.
* Setting up new accounts, including determining appropriate terms and credit limits.
* Allocation of cash payments.
* Take responsibility for timely cash collections on a set of accounts.
* Drive query resolution on the same set of accounts.
* Escalate any issues that may require further approval or may adversely impact cash flow.
* Make sure notes are updated for all phone calls, cash promises etc.
* Ensure that you follow up on any cash promises from clients that do not come to fruition & escalate where appropriate.
* Must have experience within a customer services background or have a degree relatable to finance.
* Be able to make decisions that will drive the best result for the wider business.
* Show flexibility as required to assist with customer service by offering alternative solutions or various options that minimise the risk but enable the organisation to satisfy an order.
* Prioritise as required throughout the monthly cycle so that targets & deadlines can be achieved.
* Be proactive and tenacious in anticipating and resolving issues at the earliest opportunity, recommending process or system improvements that could be implemented to reduce the level of queries going forward.
* Strong and respectful relationships with other areas of the business and customers alike.