Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Media/Advertising/Publishing
Contact Name: Chad Vigano
Job Location: Berkshire
Job Title: Graduate - Junior Credit Controller
Job Salary: £20000 - £21000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
Portfolio Credit Control are working with a very well-known and instantly recognisable media brand looking to bring on a Credit Controller on a permanent basis. This is an entry level position and would suit someone early on in the career looking to get their foot in the door within a finance environment. This position would start off as more of a Junior credit controller dealing with queries but quickly develop into a fully fledged member of the team.
Candidate Onboarding and Expectations:
* You will aim to become an integral member of the team, helping to achieve the optimum collections results on a monthly basis.
* Upon joining the business, you will be introduced to a training program to learn how to cover the required tasks with confidence.
* Attend sales meetings (via Teams) to discuss queries or issues that we currently have, as well as learning about any new products or sales drives that may be imminent.
* Establish a strong working relationship with key customers.
* Learn how to complete administration tasks, such as matching cash, issuing copy invoices, setting up new accounts, ensuring PO numbers are present where required and any prepayments have been collected.
* Set payment terms & credit limits (guided by credit reports) for new accounts.
* Setting up new accounts, including determining appropriate terms and credit limits.
* Allocation of cash payments.
* Take responsibility for timely cash collections on a set of accounts.
* Drive query resolution on the same set of accounts.
* Escalate any issues that may require further approval or may adversely impact cash flow.
* Make sure notes are updated for all phone calls, cash promises etc.
* Ensure that you follow up on any cash promises from clients that do not come to fruition & escalate where appropriate.
* Must have experience within a customer services background or have a degree relatable to finance.
* Be able to make decisions that will drive the best result for the wider business.
* Show flexibility as required to assist with customer service by offering alternative solutions or various options that minimise the risk but enable the organisation to satisfy an order.
* Prioritise as required throughout the monthly cycle so that targets & deadlines can be achieved.
* Be proactive and tenacious in anticipating and resolving issues at the earliest opportunity, recommending process or system improvements that could be implemented to reduce the level of queries going forward.
* Strong and respectful relationships with other areas of the business and customers alike.