Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Anthony Macey
Job Location: Leicestershire
Job Title: Head of Health & Safety
Job Salary: £75000 - £80000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
A progressive career opportunity for a Head of Health & Safety to join this award winning professional services consultancy, part of one of the largest privately owned Global professional services groups.
As Head of Health & Safety you will undertake a varied and high profile role in ensuring both the delivery and development of all Health and Safety consultancy services to a major Portfolio of corporate clients across the UK. A key focus will be to ensure the highest level of compliance, best practice and delivery of health and safety systems through to leadership and development of the health and safety team. In addition to developing Health and Safety products, services, driving client growth and fully utilising the latest technology. Further day to day responsibilities include:
* Manage the Health & Safety function, recruit, manage and lead a motivated department with a high performance culture.
* Drive and deliver a hands on culture within the department, remaining close to the detail in every aspect of H&S.
* Ensure the highest level of technical support and guidance to clients all matters of Health and Safety Legislation and best practice.
* Manage internal Health & Safety compliance.
* To support the continuing accreditation and certification of ISO standards.
* Deliver a continuous improvement culture, consistently reviewing the department from a technical, customer service, commercial and cost perspective.
* Report on and review all H&S delivery metrics to the board on a weekly basis, identifying issues at source quickly and rectifying them.
* Manage team resources through effectively planning and allocating workloads; managing absence and staff turnover; recruitment and succession planning.
* Full budget responsibility for the H&S Department ensuring the department is run commercially and drive cost savings through optimisation of systems, people and technology.
This role offers an exciting opportunity to really make your mark within the business, working closely with the board to drive H&S sales through your knowledge of the marketplace, driving referrals, and engaging with the Sales Teams to grow the Health & Safety teams. It is essential that you are an experienced and passionate CMIOSH (or equivalent) qualified Health and Safety professional. With a proven track record of delivering exceptional H&S standards with the ability to excel within a commercial focused, past paced and entrepreneurial environment. Our client offers a highly competitive corporate package including salary, bonus, car/ or allowance and excellent corporate benefits.