Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Connor Casey
Job Location: London
Job Title: Health and Safety Advisor
Job Salary: £34000 - £36000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
Calling all Health and Safety superstars… want to join a Global Health and Safety consultancy, expanding rapidly with no signs of slowing down? We are working with an Award-Winning HR, Employment Law And Health & Safety consultancy looking for talented Health and Safety Professionals!
* Are you seeking a role which offers you flexibility?
* Opportunity to further grow and develop your career within H&S?
Day-to-Day Responsibilities as an Health and Safety Consultant:
* Conduct yourself in a professional matter at all times (including appearance, use of PPE, communication etc.) ensuring that you comply with both company and departmental policies, procedures and protocols
* To visit clients premises for the purpose of carrying out agreed contractual work
* Undertake health and safety visits to client’s premises in accordance with departmental protocols and contract requirements, in particular where SLA’s are in place
* Submit any relevant reports or other such associated documents in accordance with client demand and departmental protocols
* Advise and instruct clients in the use of Health and Safety Management systems and other relevant technical documents and online services
* Liaise with the HSE and other Enforcing Authorities on behalf of clients when required to do so with support from your H&S colleagues
* Assist clients with accident or other special investigations as required
* Advise clients on matters of Health and Safety standards and best practice affecting their business
* Manage time effectively to provide an effective and efficient service to clients
* Attend company meetings, courses etc. when required to update and maintain professional skills/knowledge
* Look after your company vehicle in the appropriate manner by maintaining cleanliness and security
* Supporting the client through effective crisis management where required
What you need?
* Level three qualifications (NEBOSH cert, NCRQ level 3 diploma, etc.)
* Must have some experience in a H&S role
* Must be located in/commutable to London
* Peninsula will put you through the NVQ level 5 in H&S, the NVQ level 5 fire risk assessment and provide a structured development programme to develop you into a H&S consultant (see below extract for ‘life after the programme’)
* You will achieve a level 5 qualification in Health & Safety within the first 18 months of employment and work towards CMIOSH or equivalent.
* Salary will be reduced due to the lesser qualifications and experience 34-36k + London Weighting + car/allowance
* Profit Share Scheme
* Car Allowance
* Living Allowance
* Field Based / Remote
* Work from home role
* 25 Holidays + Bank Holidays (Increases with service)
* Day off on your Birthday
* PerkBox Discounts
* Christmas Bonus after 3 years
* Social Events Throughout Year
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* Private Health Insurance after 5 years
What you Bring to the Team
* Excellent client relationship skills
* Provision of practical solutions to clients
* Deliver a high quality consultancy service with commercial boundaries
* Strong Health and Safety technical knowledge · Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
* Work to strict deadlines
* Ability to prioritise workload
Why Join our Team?
A fantastic place to work with a great reputation for providing a high quality consultancy service. You will experience a huge variety of Health and Safety challenges across a wide range of business sectors. You will be able to build long lasting and fulfilling professional relationships with your clients, develop their Health and Safety practice and compliance. Every day brings a different and exciting challenge calling on all your expertise and experience.