Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Farah Chowdhury
Job Location: Scotland
Job Title: Health and Safety Consultant (field based)
Job Salary: £36000 - £440000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
As a Consultant, you will be visiting clients from a variety of industry sectors: everything from care homes to manufacturing firms, there’s not really an industry sector, which we don’t cover.
This is a full-time permanent role, allowing you to combine member visits with working from home. You will have allocated admin days balanced with field visits to members
We want all our Consultants to develop their CPD, which is why we run workshops several times a year to develop our team’s skills, experience and share best practice
Day to day duties:
* The undertaking of Health & Safety surveys of clients premises and then the production of relevant Health and Safety Management Systems.
* Provide new clients with a gap analyses, in relationship to their current health and safety standing.
* Submit the evaluation report and other client-related documents in accordance with departmental protocols.
* Advise and instruct clients in the use of their Health and Safety Management system under close supervision until agreed.
* Liaise with HSE and other Enforcing Authorities on behalf of clients when required to do so. Provide appropriate support and assistance to the client when dealing with Enforcing Authority action.
* Assist clients with accident or other special investigations as required.
* Attend Company meetings, courses etc. when required to update and maintain professional skills/knowledge.
* Always conduct yourself in a professional manner (including appearance, use of PPE, communication etc.) ensuring that you comply with both company and departmental policies, procedures, and protocols.
Skills and experience required:
* Candidates must have a relevant health & safety qualification
* Chartered Member of IOSH or working towards this, or member of CIEH with H&S and Food specialisms
* Excellent Communication Skills
* Strong interpersonal & time management skills
If you are looking to work for a multi-award winning health & safety service provider offering a competitive salary package and career development, then apply today for more information!