Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Connor Casey
Job Location: Cambridgeshire
Job Title: Health and Safety Consultant
Job Salary: £38000 - £40000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
We are currently looking for a Field Based Health and Safety Consultant to join an award-winning service provider who are rapidly growing with a record year! It is an exciting time to join them as they strive to make consultancy different. Whether you have got Consultancy experience or not, they want individuals that think differently about Health and Safety and those who will strive every day to create moments of magic for their clients.
* Are you a Health and Safety Professional who thinks outside the box and a Fresh Thinker?
You will need to have GradIOSH or equivalent however as part of your package, they will fund and support you on the journey to gain Chartered status. In addition, they offer training to Level 5 in Fire Management, Level 4 in Food Safety and other courses.
As a Health & Safety Consultant in the field, you’ll be visiting clients from a variety of industry sectors: everything from care homes to manufacturing firms, there’s not really an industry sector, that they don’t cover. This is a full-time permanent role allowing you to combine member visits with working from home and you will have allocated admin days balanced with field visits to members. We want all our Consultants to develop their CPD, which is why we run workshops several times a year to develop our team’s skills, experience and share best practice.
As a Health & Safety Consultant, your duties will include:
* The undertaking of Health & Safety surveys of clients premises and then the production of relevant Health and Safety Management Systems.
* Provide new clients with a gap analyses, in relationship to their current health and safety standing.
* Submit the evaluation report and other client-related documents in accordance with departmental protocols.
* Advise and instruct clients in the use of their Health and Safety Management system under close supervision until agreed.
* Liaise with HSE and other Enforcing Authorities on behalf of clients when required to do so. Provide appropriate support and assistance to the client when dealing with Enforcing Authority action.
* Assist clients with accident or other special investigations as required.
* Attend Company meetings, courses etc. when required to update and maintain professional skills/knowledge.
* Conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times (including appearance, use of PPE, communication etc.) ensuring that you comply with both company and departmental policies, procedures and protocols.
Skills and experience required:
* Candidates must have a relevant health & safety qualification
* GradIOSH or equivalent
* Excellent Communication Skills
* Strong interpersonal & time management skills
They have an exceptional benefits package, which includes:
* 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
* Company pension scheme
* Excellent tailored training programme
* Company Car or £6,000 car allowance
* If you are looking to work for a multi-award winning health & safety service provider offering a competitive salary package and career development, then apply today for more information!