Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Charlotte Turner
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Health And Safety Team Leader
Job Salary: £32000 - £40000 Per Annum
The Portfolio Group are delighted to be working with one of the UK’s leading Health & Safety Consultancies to recruit a Health & Safety Team Leader for the Advisory Team in their proactive team in central Manchester providing essential services to SMEs across the UK.
You will be providing H&S advice to a wide variety of clients throughout different sectors within the Advice Team and to support the health & safety consultancy in technical matters.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, and hardworking Senior Health & Safety Advisor who will be working with the Manager to be responsible for team providing H&S advice and documentation to clients,
Duties will include:
* To ensure the team respond to requests (telephone or electronic) from clients and provide relevant technically and legally correct Health and Safety advice in a professional and practical manner.
* To achieve team KPIs and consistent operating performance in line with business expectations.
* To provide telephone/e-mail advice.
* To lead on technical and business performance for the advice team.
* To train all advisors and senior advisors and to regularly update the team on relevant changes to legislation and guidance.
* To provide practical support to clients in using their online systems and make proactive calls to clients in support of their H&S service.
* To manage complaints and super service issues relating to advisors and senior advisors.
* To manage the Installation Call service.
* To lead the Health and Safety advice team in day-to-day operational tasks.
* To complete special projects as and when required.
* To quality check the advice given by advisors and senior advisors.
* To complete six-monthly team appraisals.
* Assist the Technical Manager in managing and maintaining an effective Health & Safety advice service.
The ideal candidate will be highly organised with excellent attention to detail. You will need to have the ability to work under pressure and keep a level head whilst being able to use your initiative and follow instructions within a busy office environment.
What you Bring to the Team:
* Experience of working with a Health & Safety position previously.
* Experience in Managing Health & Safety staff.
* Achieved a minimum of a NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent (TechIOSH).
* Clear communication skills both written and over the phone.
* A “can-do” attitude with the ability to drive, motivate and support yourself to achieve your best performance overall and for each individual.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, adaptable environment.
* Strong customer services skills and strong ability to multi-skill.
* Excellent time management and the ability to achieve challenging deadlines.
* A dynamic and flexible approach, as well as the ability to work under pressure.
Why Join our Team?
This is a fantastic multi-award-winning place to work if you enjoy being exposed to a wide variety of health & safety queries issues across all different sectors. The office is fast-paced and busy, so we look for team members who have a positive and results-focused attitude. The management team work closely together to build team and client experience with the business objectives at heart. So, if you are ambitious, focused and have a passion for being a member of a successful health & safety team, please apply with your up-to-date CV.