Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Charlotte Turner
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Health & Safety Advisor
Job Salary: £24000 - £32000 Per Annum
The Portfolio Group are delighted to be working with one of the UK’s leading Health & Safety Consultancies to recruit a Health & Safety Advisor to join their proactive team in central Manchester providing essential services to SME’s across the UK.
You will be providing H&S advice to a wide variety of clients throughout different sectors within the Advice Team and to support the health & safety consultancy in technical matters.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, and hardworking H&S Advisor who will be responsible for providing H&S advice and documentation to clients, actively own cases to resolution, building rapport and relationships with clients on each interaction.
* You will be working with clients to give support and guidance in a productive manner within set SLAs to provide a first call resolution. This will be predominately call advice.
* Undertake health and safety audits in accordance with departmental protocols and contract requirements.
* Submit any relevant reports or other such associated documents in accordance with client demand and departmental protocols.
* Advise and instruct clients in the use of Health and Safety Management systems and other relevant technical documents and online services.
* Review client documentation and provide advice accordingly taking their internal terms and conditions into account.
* To actively own cases to resolution, building rapport and relationships with clients on each interaction.
* To log all advice accurately onto the bespoke internal system, taking ownership and responsibility for ongoing cases.
* Assist the H&S Manager in the writing of Guidance Notes, Standard Phrases and Checklists.
* Refer to Company internal training and legal updates to ensure that advice provided is compliant with our services.
* To be flexible and adaptable to ensure the client’s service is always of a high standard.
The ideal candidate will be highly organised with excellent attention to detail. You will need to have the ability to work under pressure and keep a level head whilst being able to use your initiative and follow instructions within a busy office environment.
What you Bring to the Team
* Experience of working with a Health & Safety position previously.
* Achieved or working towards a NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent (TechIOSH)
* Clear communication skills both written and over the phone.
* A “can-do” attitude with the ability to drive, motivate and support yourself to achieve your best performance overall and for each individual.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, adaptable environment.
* Strong customer services skills and strong ability to multi-skill.
* Excellent time management and the ability to achieve challenging deadlines.
* A dynamic and flexible approach, as well as the ability to work under pressure.
Why Join our Team?
This is a fantastic multi-award-winning place to work if you enjoy being exposed to a wide variety of health & safety queries issues across all different sectors. The office is fast-paced and busy, so we look for team members who have a positive and results-focused attitude. The management team work closely together to build team and client experience with the business objectives at heart. So, if you are ambitious, focused and have a passion for being a member of a successful health & safety team, please apply with your up-to-date CV.