Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Bethany Green
Job Location: Scotland
Job Title: HR Consultant
Job Salary: £30000 - £32000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
Portfolio are proud to be exclusively representing our award-wining, multinational HR & Employment Law services client in their search for an experienced HR Consultant
to their team.
The role requires you to deliver an expert HR service in the field in order to support the organisations clients in dealing with formal meetings with their employees – conducting and advising on consultancy, capability, disciplinary, grievance and appeal issues as well as investigations and settlement negotiations. The ability to act impartially, identify and quantify risk for clients and communicate this to them effectively is a crucial aspect of this role. If you are a personable, confident HR professional or Employment Lawyer with good technical skills who can respond to often short-notice assignments in their region and beyond, and produce thoughtful, legally compliant and well-written reports then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
* Attend meetings with clients and their employees as arranged by an office-based paralegal and either conduct these or support the client to do so, as required.
* To undertake mediation, conciliation and other employment relations services as may be requested by clients from time to time.
* To provide clients with advice and guidance on their legal position with individual employees or groups of employees, with due regard to your duty of impartiality.
* To provide prompt, high quality reports of outcomes within specified time frames and adhere to administrative procedures concerning file management.
* Regularly achieve or exceed the target of conducting seven meetings per fortnight.
* Work towards the team objective of obtaining repeat business.
* Targeted to have 70% client facing time per week.
In order to be considered for this opportunity it is essential that you have the following:
* Educated to degree level in HR, law or related business discipline or with substantial professional experience.
* Background in HR Management, consultancy or in employment law.
* Experience chairing disciplinary hearings is essential.
* Highly professional presentation, service focussed and personable; quickly able to form good working relationships with people who may be stressed, angry or upset.
* A ‘can do’ approach to UK wide travel, challenging situations and problem solving.