Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Bethany Green
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: In-House Legal Counsel
Job Salary: £45000 - £50000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
Our Client, a market-leading Employment Law organisation are looking to recruit into their in-house legal team based in their Manchester office.
We are looking for a bright, confident Barrister or Solicitor, with general commercial litigation and employment law experience, to work in a dynamic team and cover a wide range of legal matters including the preparation and conduct of litigation. The ideal candidate will have directly relevant experience and will relish assuming responsibility for a caseload in a fast-paced but supportive team environment. The focus is on great service and care, along with a firm commercial approach towards the Group’s intellectual property and associated reputational issues. We are looking for someone with exceptional communication skills to provide commercial and pragmatic advice to a range of stakeholders across the Group.
Day to Day Responsibilities
* Trusted advisor to the Group Directors on Commercial Litigation matters, Dispute Resolution and potential Mergers and Acquisitions.
* Taking principle conduct of internal Employment Tribunal cases that arise from colleagues or former colleagues of the businesses within the Group,
* Handling matters arising from any pre-litigation work that may arise from Peninsula clients, colleagues or third parties,
* Advising Senior Managers on internal HR and Employment Law matters including assisting or conducting internal hearings including investigations, grievances, capability or disciplinary proceedings and appeals,
* Reporting on progress of live issues to Legal Services Director and/or Group Operations Director ensuring that a proactive approach to all live issues is maintained.
* Point of contact for all new issues referred internally from the Group businesses to the Group In House Legal Team.
* Drafting, reviewing and negotiating global contracts with suppliers and working closely with key stakeholders on the contractual arrangements with clients.
* Overseeing and managing legal and compliance risks across the business and providing representation and commercial legal advice to protect the Group’s interests.
What you bring to the team:
* A range of experience either within a leading Law Firm or In House.
* A real commitment to client service
* A positive approach to a busy workload and team ethic
* A genuine passion for employment law and attention to detail
* A commercially focused approach with the ability to communicate with a range of stakeholders.