Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Educations
Contact Name: Christian Rowles
Job Location: Surrey
Job Title: Indirect Procurement Manager (Higher Education)
Job Salary: £42400 - £52400 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
A new and exciting opportunity for an experience Procurement Manager to develop and lead on any defined portfolio of sourcing categories and projects throughout the tender process and subsequent contract management for contracts managed by the procurement team.
You’ll be reporting directly into the Head of Procurement and to support the business in ensuring the best value for money and delivery efficiency in all business areas. There will be a mix of projects that will come inside/outside OJEU, following University policies and fully commercial projects.
Responsibilities, role and experience required:
* To manage and develop procurement strategies for a number of procurement categories, undertaking category analysis and offering innovative solutions that will reduce cost, drive efficiencies and produce best value for the University.
* Undertake the full tender and due diligence process including appraisals for potential suppliers, commercial evaluation, negotiation for high value, contentious or strategic contract award
* Build effective collaborative relationships with stakeholders to promote a responsive, agile and professional department
* Manage procedures and processes to comply with UPR’s and EU Procurement Directives
* Potential supplier identification, selection and qualification which may include vendor audits and to act as the focal point for Supplier Relationship Management
* Proven substantial experience in a procurement function in either a public sector or commercial environment covering a broad spectrum of business requirement
* Demonstrable understanding of legislative and regulatory requirements in respect of tendering both in the UK and the EU
* MCIPS qualification, or en-route to finishing
* Confident negotiator with all levels of stakeholder
* Ideally experience from a Education, Higher Education or Public Sector Body