Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Charlotte Turner
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Information Security Manager
Job Salary: £65000 - £70000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Information Security Manager to take the lead on the Cyber strategy for this market leading company which has a global presence in the UK, Ireland, North America, Australia and New Zealand. The successful candidate will be an experienced Cyber Security professional, passionate about delivering best practice in information security
You will be reporting to the Group Operations Director and working closely with other IT departments and the wider business providing a critical role where you will have real influence and impact on our Cyber practices and security risk framework
* Working closely with the other IT managers and wider business to develop and improve the current security strategies and processes
* Assessing risks, using recognised sources of threat intelligence as well as risk impact assessments
* Review and lead on the management of Cyber Security, covering people, physical, process and technology aspects
* Advise on and, where required, manage the transformation and improvement of organisations’ Cyber Security programmes
* Advise on and implement performance management and assurance frameworks for Cyber Security
* Provide technical leadership for SIEM, DLP and Endpoint Protection technologies
* Lead the team in security investigations and improve monitoring/reporting processes and security incident alerting
* Manage the penetration testing strategy and vulnerability assessments
* Be a technical resource for other IT colleagues on the network, infrastructure and development teams
* Work closely with the Data Protection Officer and Risk and Compliance teams.
* Assist with Client Audits and New Business Tenders.
* Develop and maintain our security procedures and update standards and documentation
* Engage all areas of the business to ensure an end-to-end IT security strategy
The ideal candidate:
* Strong managerial experience in Information and Cyber Security
* Driving innovation & continuous improvement, advanced data and evidence management, client management on remediation programmes.
* Technical skill; Strong technical insight, practical knowledge and specialist capability
* Versatility; Proven ability to adapt and learn in an innovative environment
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Experience delivering ISO27001, PCI-DSS or Cyber Essentials Plus
* Hands on experience securing Azure, O365 or AWS implementations.
* A broad technical knowledge of Infrastructure, Networks, Development and BI.
* A thorough understanding and an ability to engage all areas of IT.
* An ability to translate complex ideas to non-technical stakeholders.
* Experience writing business cases for new technology and solutions.
* Evidence of Leading Security investigations, including responding to incidents involving malware, data loss, or network intrusion
* Working towards recognised information security certification (CISA, CISM, CISSP…)
* Knowledge of Firewalls, Web & Mail filters, UTM devices
* A solid understanding of GDPR and data protection and information governance
* Degree in a computer related subject or equivalent experience in Cyber Security
* Security related qualifications such as CISSP, CISM, CISMP, ISO27001 lead implementer or auditor, or equivalent experience
You will be a strong communicator and your recommendations will be critical in shaping the future of our information security program and software development strategies. We are seeking someone who is self-motived, brings knowledge and proven experience gained in an enterprise environment, who is passionate and motivated about data and cyber security and enjoys a challenge