Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Nandini Bhatia
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Infrastructure Cloud Engineer
Job Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 Per Annum
Portfolio are proud to be exclusively representing our award-wining, multinational professional services client in their search for a Infrastructure Cloud Engineer.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the growing ICT Department and become a member of the infrastructure team working in a dynamic and fast paced environment with new challenges every day. You will work collaboratively with the wider IT team (Development, InfoSec, BI and Service Desk) to support existing services and deliver new. Our client is looking for a candidate with a broad technical knowledge is required, alongside ITIL experience in Incident, Request, Change, Problem, Release, Event and Knowledge management. You will be forward thinking, customer focussed and self-motivated with the drive to improve all IT services and the user experience.
The ideal candidate will have a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude, with a thirst for knowledge and the ability communicate knowledge effectively and work within a team. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment is essential for this role, along with strong time management skills, the ability to work under pressure and a dynamic, flexible approach.
* Strong knowledge of cloud best practises
* Experience managing common Azure services.
* Azure AD – Experience deploying, configuring, and managing Microsoft Azure Active Directory, Including PowerShell Scripting
* Azure Virtual Machines, Azure Virtual Networks, Application Services.
* Windows Server or Linux environments
* Migrating legacy applications into the Cloud, preferably Microsoft Azure.
* Knowledge and experience of working in with DevOps teams.
* Strong understanding of Cloud Contracting, Pricing Structures, Budgeting & Forecasting
* Extensive hands-on experience within Azure solutions, security, Implementation, environment management
* To ensure that the Infrastructure Manager and Group Head of IT Service Delivery are kept informed of progress and are told of major problems and / or issues in a timely manner.
* Become the subject matter expert for Microsoft Azure Cloud Infrastructure
* Design, configuration, and technical support of cloud / on prem infrastructure
* Migrate AWS workloads to Azure.
* Support, troubleshoot and resolve Azure based issues.
* Help build and develop governance around Azure cloud solutions including networking and security.
* Interact and work closely with internal development teams.
* Produce monthly cost reports across Azure and AWS platforms.