Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Connor Casey
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Infrastructure Engineer
Job Salary: £35000 - £40000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
Peninsula Business Services is the leading UK’s Employment Law and Health & Safety Specialists, providing an integral service to our 28,000 Client’s daily business operations.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the growing ICT Department and become a member of the Infrastructure team working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with new challenges every day. Based in our Manchester Head Office. It is an exciting time to join the business as we rationalise our current infrastructure and embark on our journey to Cloud based services. You will work collaboratively with the wider IT team (Development, DevOps, InfoSec, BI and Service Desk) to support existing services and deliver new.
A broad technical knowledge is required, alongside ITIL experience in Incident, Request, Change, Problem, Release, Event and Knowledge management. You will be forward thinking, customer focussed and self-motivated with the drive to improve all IT services and the user experience.
* Must aspire to a culture of service excellence, always putting the customer, our people and our business at the centre of everything you do.
* Demonstrate strong organisational skills and be accountable for your daily workload
* Demonstrate a systematic, disciplined and analytical approach
* Be customer focussed and ardent in ensuring that colleagues receive a high quality of service
The key objectives of your role are:
* To ensure that the Infrastructure Manager and Group Head of IT Service Delivery UKI are kept informed of progress and in particular are told of major problems and / or issues in a timely manner
* Identify, evaluate and recommend patch management solutions that meet the business and technology needs, limiting impacts on users and Implement, coordinate and monitor processes related to patch management governance
* Act as patch management expert and advisor, Develop strategies and process for effective patch management.
* Participate in the creation and update of patch management governance policies.
* Ensure the latest security threats are understood and patch management is maintained in all environments including production, UAT, test and Dev.
* To manage the patching process and schedules to keep systems secure across the corporate estate.
* Project manage the lifecycle of patches, ensuring it goes through appropriate testing, plan the deployment to ensure a successful roll out of security component updates within all environments.
* Ownership and management of the Patch Management Process across the estate
* Work with InfoSec team to ensure that all available patches are reviewed for relevance, impact, and vulnerability score to determine proper installation scheduling.
* Innovation and Continual Service Improvements.
* Responsibility for supporting and maintaining the company’s IT systems
* To be pro-active in suggesting and proposing new technologies to support the businesses.
* Identify on-going improvements to existing business systems.
* Project experience – managed or played major role in large projects
* Administration of key IT services
* Work collaboratively with team members and support functions to resolve issues in a timely manner
* Proactively monitor IT services
* Take ownership, investigate and resolve escalated tickets
The Successful Infrastructure Engineer should have solid experience in most of the following:
* Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM)
* Server and Endpoint patch management
* Packaging and deployment
* Distribution Points
* Experience and understanding of Disaster Recovery and BCP
* Virtualisation Technologies including VMware and Hyper-V in a clustered environment
* HP Server hardware, NetApp and Nimble SANs
* Windows Server 2008 / 2012 / 2016 / 2019
* Working knowledge – Networking and Security
* Automated Windows Server patching and management
* Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
* ITIL experience.
* Third Line Support experience.
* Mac OS
* Exchange Online, SharePoint, Identity management, Azure AD Connect, SSO, MFA, OneDrive, Teams, Intune,
* Azure / AWS – IaaS, PaaS, Automation
* Microsoft Active Directory Services and associated technologies – GPOs/DNS/DHCP/Powershell
What you bring to the Team
* Driven and results orientated
* Positive outlook and a focus on high quality delivery
* Strong communicator
* Must have the ability to communicate complex concepts and ideas easily to the team
* Must be motivated to ensure work is complete and according to the requirements on schedule and to a high quality.
* Must be reliable
* Able to work under pressure in all situations
* The ideal candidate will ensure that correct decisions are made and issues acted on in a timely manner.
* A dedication to getting the task done within any deadlines
* Be passionate about technology
What’s on offer?
* Generous basic salary up to £40k DOE
* The role is a permanent position with a 6-month probationary period. The working week is based on 37.5 hours.
* 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
* Profit Share Scheme
* Breakfast provided each Monday morning & monthly drinks
* Contributory company pension scheme
* Childcare voucher scheme
* Access to the Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)