Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Farah Chowdhury
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Insurance Claims Consultant
Job Salary: £23000 - £25000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
Working within our Insurance Claims department the successful candidate will review employment tribunal claims made against our clients, assess the circumstances and events leading up to these claims and make decisions on the extent of coverage under relevant insurance policies. The successful candidate will work with our Team Leaders, Litigation Consultants and Legal Services managers to drive proactive management of insurance claims, including recommending settlements on behalf of the Group’s Insurer.
The successful candidate will require a good working knowledge of employment law and will ensure that employment tribunal insurance claims are handled efficiently and make decisions on the extent and validity of insurance claims.
Excellent attention to detail and confident decision-making ability is needed to do the job well.
The successful candidate will be a great team player with a collaborative attitude and can communicate effectively and build and maintain relationships both internally and with our clients.
Previous experience in commercial insurance would be advantageous but not essential, as training will be given.
* Reviewing tribunal papers against detailed logs of advice given to respondents.
* Analysing claims made by clients and determining policy coverage.
* Preparing insurance coverage reports.
* Liaising with clients and explaining the application of their insurance policy.
* Monitoring the progress of claims and ensuring prompt settlement (of valid claims) and closure of claims.
* Ensuring the clients are treated fairly and receive excellent service in accordance with industry and company guidelines.
* Ensure that all claims related intelligence is recorded accurately.
What you Bring to the Team
* A good working knowledge of employment law.
* A positive attitude and approach to a busy workload.
* High standard of written and verbal communication.
* Excellent team working skills.
* Strong IT skills