Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Financial Services/insurance
Contact Name: Chad Vigano
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Internal Audit - Group Finance
Job Salary: £32000 - £35000 Per Annum
This is a great opportunity for someone who has started studying their accounting qualifications within a practice environment, looking to make the move into the industry.
You will be tasked with an ongoing program of internal audits, ensuring that key financial controls operate effectively and consistently across all group companies and also gain exposure to the preparation of the Group’s consolidated monthly management accounts and financial reporting information.
Reporting to the Director-Group Finance, the Internal Auditor will also work closely and support other members of the Group Finance team, in addition to establishing effective working relationships with Finance team leaders across group subsidiaries.
Role Duties & responsibilities:
* Carry out internal audits of key financial controls and processes, reporting findings and recommending improvements.
* Assist with the preparation of consolidated monthly management accounts for comparison against budgets, highlighting and reporting variances.
* Reconciliation of key inter-company control accounts.
* Assist with the preparation of other financial reporting information such as key cost analysis.
* Assist in the budgeting and quarterly re-forecasting processes.
* Prepare ad-hoc analysis of data and reports.
Previous Experience required:
* Ideally working towards an accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA).
* Prior experience of internal or external audit work is essential.
* Ability to organise & prioritise your workload to meet strict deadlines.
* Be able to demonstrate a solid knowledge of financial reporting procedures.
* Ability to organise, manipulate and present large volumes of data using Excel spreadsheets.
* Able to work on own initiative and under pressure.
* Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Have a recognised professional accountancy qualification or be studying towards its achievement.