Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Lara Salmons
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Internal H&S Technical Advisor
Job Salary: £30000 - £32000 Per Annum
To support the Health & Safety Department by responding to email requests, telephone calls and providing services to clients as well as Sales support with BSO demonstrations (based on technical skill and competence).
Support and ensure ISO standards are maintained across the Peninsula Group of companies including:
* OSHAS 18001 – ISO 45001
* ISO 9001
* ISO 27001
Provide internal H&S support to all departments, including advice, accident investigation and risk assessment.
The Health & Safety Department are looking for hardworking professional Health & Safety technicians with a good level of technical knowledge and experience as well as experience of maintaining or implementing at least one ISO standard.
You will have the ability to engage with Senior Managers, Clients, Consultants and also our Sales team, delivering high quality service and support. Ideally you will be a NEBOSH Certificate holder and working towards NVQ5 or NEBOSH Diploma and have completed an ISO auditor / lead auditor training course (or equivalent).
* To oversee the production and preparation of training courses/materials for Clients and Consultants.
* To provide support to the department with the preparation of bespoke management systems/guidance.
* To conduct commercially focussed webinars in order to assist in sales of our H&S services.
* To proactively call our existing client base helping them with the service and for promotional activities.
* A good working knowledge and fully conversant with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
* Possess excellent communication skills and good organisational skills
* To receive and deal with queries relating to health and safety from other departments within the company such as uploading documents to the online accounts, transferring documents to BusinessSafe Online, archiving documents, providing information on the health and safety service we provide, investigating accidents and investigating anomalies in client & internal documentation.
* Co-ordinate training requirements responding to internal, client and consultant requests sourcing appropriate information, personnel resources and course materials to satisfy customer demand.
* Reviewing & creating internal/external risk assessments
* Provide internal H&S to Peninsula Group businesses.
* Support department projects.
* Manage and support internal ISO audits.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the department and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
What you Bring to the Team
* Excellent client relationship skills
* Deliver a high quality support service
* Strong Health and Safety technical knowledge
* Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
* Work to strict deadlines
* Ability to prioritise workload