Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Connor Casey
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Junior Backend Developer
Job Salary: £33000 - £35000 Per Annum
My client an award-winning people management software company that is growing each year, with newly opened offices in Canada, New Zealand and Australia are looking for an experienced and well-rounded Junior Backend Developer!
My client is on the hunt for driven and dedicated developers to join the team. Offering a software as a service solution that enables businesses to effortlessly implement HR processes, from approving holidays, logging sickness and tracking lateness, managing the workforce rota & shifts, and organising HR documents 24 hours a day 365 days a year.
Are you looking for a new role? Want to work in one of Manchester’s most vibrant, fast-growing Businesses?
Key Skills for a Junior Backend Developer:
* Ensure that the initiative has a coherent Definition of Done and that your features are met
* Able to communicate a complicated problem succinctly accurately and coherently to a team with different skill sets.
* Exhibit cross functional behaviour and support other competencies within the company
* Able to negotiate and compromise solutions and find the balance between best practice, expediency and longer term maintenance costs
* Demonstrate, discuss and permeate current good practice in the skills specific to your professional family across other members of your professional family
* Propose new technology, process or tooling to improve efficiency being aware of the future maintenance costs and consistency across other product teams
Day-to-Day Responsibilities as a Junior Backend Developer:
* You make realistic commitments that you are confident of meeting and strive to do so.
* Maintain and improve engineering practice
* Maintain and improve software quality for features built (TDD, Pairing, Peer Review, Static Analysis)
* Support the product owner and Development Lead in the provision of estimates that are at an appropriate level of fidelity for the phase in the development lifecycle
* Support the QA in identifying describing and resolving defects
* Support the BA in the elaboration of requirements
* You take responsibility for the entire lifecycle of delivery from idea, marketing, sales and operation
* Manage your own training requirements
* Attend industry events and share the value with your colleagues
* Profit Share Scheme
* 25 Holidays + Bank Holidays (Increases with service)
* Day off on your Birthday
* Access to Employee Assistance Programme
* Free breakfast every Monday and social sessions on the last Friday of the month with free food and drink – we call this ‘Fun Friday’!
* PerkBox Discounts
* Christmas Bonus after 3 years
* Social Events Throughout Year
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* Private Health Insurance after 5 years