Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Chad Vigano
Job Location: London
Job Title: Junior Credit Controller
Job Salary: £23000 - £25000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
Portfolio Credit Control a recruiting a newly created role for one of the fastest growing distribution businesses in its sector looking to take on a Junior Credit Controller. The opportunity has arisen to join a dynamic and forward-thinking team who are driving to change the way credit control is portrayed. This role will eventually develop from a junior member of staff to a well establish integrated member of the Credit Control team. Training and mentoring will be available throughout the learning period.
* Working on daily bank balances reporting, including the posting of daily banking (multi-currency), including cheques and card payments. Allocate payments, including following up on any missing remittances
* Reconciling and allocating unallocated cash
* Post bi-monthly Direct Debit runs for UK & Ireland
* Process new applications and maintain the generic email inbox.
* Creating and reconciling monthly report for Human Resources regarding Staff Sales Accounts, detailing amounts to be deducted from salary in respect to staff discounted purchases.
* Providing support to Credit Controllers to collect customer debt by phone and email in accordance with the credit policy
* Management of credit-held customer orders
* Monitor the Credit Control Inbox – emails & escalating as required
* Providing daily reporting to senior management
* Month end housekeeping – Credit Safe reconciliation, dormant accounts
* Ad Hoc – Supporting the credit control and Invoice team as required
Skills and experience:
* Finance and administrative experience required, either accounting or Credit Control
* Strong communication skills (both oral and written): the ability to communicate verbally or in writing; a confident telephone manner; tactful and diplomatic when under pressure
* Knowledge of Excel (VLOOKUP & Pivot Tables would be preferable)
* Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail