Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Bethany Green
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Lead Solicitor
Job Salary: £30000 - £35000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
Our Client, a market-leading Employment Law organisation are looking to recruit into their legal team based in their Manchester office.
We are looking for a bright, confident, legally qualified individual, with employment law experience, to work in a dynamic team covering every aspect of preparing cases for hearing whilst also supervising team members. The ideal candidate will have either a postgraduate professional legal qualification or directly relevant experience and will relish assuming responsibility for a caseload and the supervision of others in a fast paced but supportive environment. Monitoring and supervising the work of Litigation Executives, Graduates and Trainee Solicitors within the context of Employment Tribunal cases and Early Conciliation matters.
Day to Day Responsibilities
* Undertaking regular quality checks and assessments on ET3 Responses, preliminary hearings, agendas, bundles, witness statements and other general written work including correspondence and applications on a monthly basis as a minimum.
* Coach, mentor and develop members of the Litigation Team so as to improve technical proficiency and/or client care skills. Identify any development needs and liaise with Senior Leadership Team on any themes and trends in terms of development areas following completion of the quality assessment process.
* Ensuring at all times that any handover of any cases to Litigation Consultants are to a standard that you, as a Lead, are satisfied with.
* Obtain all relevant and necessary documentation and to draft appropriate applications or responses on behalf of clients for their approval.
* Advising clients on the merits of any claims and the prospects of successfully defending claims.
* To regularly review the insurance position and update the most likely outcome following receipt of full client instructions and liaising with the Litigation Manager and Insurance Claims Team in order to report on any cases, in particular indemnified cases, where there are concerns about the prospects of success.
* To work within the Successflow system and undertake any case preparation tasks assigned. This may include case preparation, which can be from approval of the ET3 Response, or any such point as the case is allocated, until conclusion of the case.
* Reviewing tribunal claims and drafting responses
* Dealing with all aspects of document disclosure and the preparation of trial bundles or documents in the appropriate or agreed format for any hearing.
* Drafting witness statements as and when required
* Corresponding with tribunals, claimants’ representatives and clients * Providing detailed merits and risk assessment to clients on all tribunal matters.
* Conduct any conciliation or settlement negotiations on behalf of the client, in accordance with the client’s instructions (which are at all times to be in writing or documented in writing where instructions are given verbally).
* Conducting hearings by telephone, digitally or occasionally in person.
* Completing work checks for Litigation Executive to ensure high standards and company house style is maintained throughout.
* Supervising Litigation Executives conducting preliminary case management hearings
* Providing support to the Litigation Team Leader with the investigation of service issues and feedback for appraisals.
* Monitoring caseloads and weekly performance of Litigation Executives ensuring cases are progressing accordingly.
* To assist in building and maintaining a cohesive and motivated team, providing leadership and support to colleagues and peers.
* Ensuring that the requisite knowledge of employment law and technical skill is of the standard required in order to be able to carry out the work to the standards as outlined in this job description.