Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Bethany Green
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Legal Advisor
Job Salary: £24000 - £25000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
Portfolio are proud to be exclusively representing our Client who are a trusted health and wellbeing network who have been making a positive difference in over 13 million lives, in their search to add a new Legal Advisor to their team. Our client offer the most comprehensive employee assistance programme on the market, giving 24/7 caring and compassionate support services to employers from organisations of all sizes, across the private, public and non-profit sector, to business partners, individual users, employees and their family members.
We are looking for a legally qualified, open minded and enthusiastic individual with high levels of professional standards whilst working in a telephone environment, adhering to the company’s core values and achieving daily goals. The advisor will respond to queries and provide legally compliant advice to clients by telephone and email on wide ranging areas of the law. The role required the post holder to provide advice and information which supports the needs of the individual and is mindful of the wider implications to them. The advisor must also be able to identify and ensure emotional support is arranged as appropriate.
Day-to-Day Responsibilities as a Legal Advisor:
* To provide an efficient telephone advice service to all callers.
* To provide Legal Information to callers with set SLA’s and time frames.
* To be available at all times to take incoming calls and to effectively distribute to other team members or take the case yourself.
* Produce additional information in email format where appropriate.
* To ensure all service levels and individual KPIs are maintained.
* Ensure that all call backs requested and support queues are regularly maintained.
* To identify areas of learning and ensuring necessary research and self-learning take place in areas of development.
* To produce fact sheets and documents on request on various areas of the law.
* Working as part of team to ensure the smooth running of the counselling and advice department.
* Take part in monthly meetings, reviews and 1-1s.
* Ensure that a full understanding of Health Assured’s EAP is maintained and where limitations of services are.
* To demonstrate an ability to work with a variety of individuals and presenting issues, including those who are distressed.
* Demonstrate an ability to work with employers and to provide information in relation to their enquiry.
* To show general understanding in Family Law, Commercial Law, Criminal Law, Consumer Law, Probate Property & Housing, Civil, Eldercare / Childcare, Motoring, Land Health Care / Medical, Immigration.
* Work on other projects and schemes at Health Assureds request
* Demonstrate the ability to provide excellent customer service at all time
* As a role/task adhering to the ISO approved policies and procedures.
It is essential you have the following;
* Working knowledge of wide range of legal matters
* Ability to prioritise and work unsupervised as required
* Excellent communication and written skills
* Ability to provide great customer service
* Open minded, enthusiastic and non-judgemental
* Ability to work with telephony and IT systems
* MS Office knowledge and experience
* Experience working on inbound phone lines
* Experience working with emotive matters