Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Financial Services/insurance
Contact Name: Nandini Bhatia
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Legal Expenses Underwiter
Job Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 Per Annum
Portfolio are proud to be exclusively representing our client who provide Legal Expenses and Commercial Liability protection to UK SME’s. They have recently opened their expertise to the wider market and their insurance products will continue to help businesses facing a wide range of legal disputes, including employment issues, health and safety matters and tax investigation.
They are recruiting a brand-new role in a new location, as they enter a new phase of growth and they begin to grow the team from Manchester with this role in Hinckley. It is the perfect opportunity for someone with casualty or legal expenses underwriting experience and a strong track record of working within a technical underwriting environment.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
* Analyse, evaluate, and make underwriting decisions in line with underwriting guidelines and recommendations, coordinating with analysts and other underwriting staff.
* Assist the CEO in the procurement of New Business opportunities.
* Review and analyse new insurance applications for risk exposure and compliance within underwriting guidelines.
* Meet and negotiate with clients and brokers to build relationships and to develop new and renewal business.
* Review contract wordings to ensure that compliance is maintained.
* Responsible for underwriting document filings, accuracy of data entries to systems and contract integrity for accounts underwritten.
* Establish appropriate internal underwriting procedures and criteria to control risk.
* A minimum of 3 years’ property, casualty or legal expenses underwriting experience is required.
* Strong analytic skills and numerical aptitude will be essential.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, together with the ability to work well in a small team environment.
* Liaise with all external parties as directed by the CEO.
* MGA or Insurance experience preferred.