Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Bethany Green
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Legal Graduate
Job Salary: £20000 - £20000 Per Annum
Legal Graduate – Employment Law
Portfolio are proud to be exclusively representing our award-wining, multinational HR & Employment Law services client in their search for individuals who have graduated with a Legal qualification, looking to pursue a career in Employment Law with a global outsource provider. This is a new and exciting opportunity to join a program with an organisation who are leaders within their market and will provide invaluable training and experience that will aid in the development of a successful Employment Law career.
As a successful candidate, you will join them on a 12-month graduate scheme within their fast-paced legal services department supporting over 30,000 clients from their Head Office in central Manchester. Their focus is on delivering a high-quality legal service to each client facing litigation and we are looking for graduates who share their passion for delivering and achieving strong results. The program will ensure your Employment Law knowledge and understanding of Tribunal Litigation is second to none. Within the role you will receive a wealth of internal training to develop the technical knowledge required in order to become a confident litigator.
Responsibilities within the Legal Graduate Program:
* When not engaged in training, you will be involved, with support throughout, in the preparation of tribunal cases for their clients.
* Drafting ET3 responses and relevant applications.
* Collating relevant documents and preparing hearing bundles.
* Corresponding by telephone, video and email with clients, Tribunal offices, ACAS, Claimants, or their representatives.
* Providing written and verbal advice on applicable law, liability and quantum.
* Conduct negotiations as instructed by clients to achieve favourable settlement and subsequently prepare COT3 documentation.
* Communicating with a third-party insurance provider were required in the furtherance of a Tribunal matter.
* Shadowing of case management, preliminary and final hearings.
In order to be considered for this opportunity it is essential that you have the following:
* Be a strong academic, preferably with a Law degree.
* A passion for Employment Law.
* A positive, can-do attitude.